Trouble with IE and qx 2.01

Jim Hunter
I recently upgraded my code to v 2.01 and FireFox and all other browsers are working great, but IE is a total disaster. It all revolves areound style settings. I am getting "Invalid Property Value" all over the place when setting a new Decorator and possiblly other style properties. What appears to be happening is that in some instances, a control might be trying to set a backgroundColor to a nonexistant variable (it did exist before the upgrade, but 2.01 doesn't handle global objects the same), but the error doesn't happen when setting the backgroundColor, it happens when a Decorator is applied. If the error would surface on the first call I could track this down easier, I think. But instead, the error is getting surfaced from deep in the core code on a line of code that seems to be 100% valid. In general, is anyone having IE issues and setting style properties? Because of where the error is presenting, this is difficult to track down the actual offending code. I have a deadline in 2 days and right now I can't turn this over for release, it just won't run on IE.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Trouble with IE and qx 2.01

Jim Hunter
I found the problem! In the upgrade to 2.01, the result of a util method must have changed. prior to the upgrad, qx.util.ColorUtil.rgbToHexString did not include the # symbol. I had a global function that used that value, pre-pended a # symbol to it and returned a color value. In 2.01, that function does add the # so now I was returning a color that looked like '##FE34EF' and in FireFox it failed to set the color, but it also just ignored invalid properties (now the background color would be invalid with this value). In IE, the next time anything with the style was changed, the invalid color value would cause IE to error out.

I removed the extra # and things are running much smoother now.

Argh!

Jim

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Jim Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,
I guess you updated from a version prior 2.0? Because thats something we have changed in the 2.0 release:
Regards,
Martin

Am 11.10.2012 um 03:37 schrieb Jim Hunter <[hidden email]>:

[...]

It's probably unnecessary to say for most people, but everybody migrating to a newer version of qooxdoo should definitely and absolutly positively read *all* intervening release notes, include the one they're upgrading to. This will save a lot of headache.

Moreover, everybody should run 'generate.py migration' when they upgrade. The change in qx.util.ColorUtil.rgbToHexString is then reported as part of the migration logging. So reading the migration.log is highly advised, too.

T.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev