Quantcast

Tree vs VirtualTree widgets, what's the diference?

Tree vs VirtualTree widgets, what's the diference?

yuri
Guys,

could you explain, what is the difference between Tree and VirtualTree widgets? What are advantages, disadvantages? When and why should I use one or another?
I see one more tree, TreeVirtual, though it looks like obsolete or depricated?

PS:I am newbie to qooxdoo and in process of grasping basis of the framework, hope that is right place to ask such questions.

Re: Tree vs VirtualTree widgets, what's the diference?

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Yuri,

this doc will help you understanding the difference:

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/5.1/pages/widget/virtualtree.html

And even an example doing exactly what you want: dynamically loading
tree items on demand:

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/5.1/demobrowser/#virtual~Tree_Dynamic.html

In general the docs will be your friend ;-)

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/current/pages/desktop.html

Regards
Dietrich