Transalation in 0.8

Krycek
Hi,

I'm doing some tests with translations in qooxdoo. Everything worked perfectly in 20 minutes (so easy). But now something came up, what if I want to translate "Help" (considering english as default language) in place A to "Ajuda" and in place B, the same "Help", to "Socorro" (just an example, considering portuguese as one of the translated language)?

In other words, the default language doesn't distinguish the meaning of the word in these 2 places but the other languages can do.

Re: Transalation in 0.8

Bart van der Werf
Maybe use a token value in the two places and also add an english translation from both tokens to "Help" and to "Ajuda" and "Socorro" for portuguese.

I'm doing some tests with translations in qooxdoo. Everything worked perfectly in 20 minutes (so easy). But now something came up, what if I want to translate "Help" (considering english as default language) in place A to "Ajuda" and in place B, the same "Help", to "Socorro" (just an example, considering portuguese as one of the translated language)?

In other words, the default language doesn't distinguish the meaning of the word in these 2 places but the other languages can do.

Re: Transalation in 0.8

Krycek
I've done that. But it's not loading the "default" translation. Or I'm doing something wrong (probably).

Here's what I've tried:

this.tr("help1") and this.tr("help2")

and in en.po:

msgid "help1"
msgstr "Help"

msgid "help2"
msgstr "Help"

but it still shows "help1" and "help2" in the page.

2008/7/28 Bart van der Werf <[hidden email]>
[...]

Sebastian Werner
Just a note:

You may also use trc() instead of tr() which is meant to be used for cases like this where one word may be translated in two different words depending on the context.

Sebastian