ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Karol Gryger

Hi

I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser. Generally
it works except example below

      var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
auto-wrapping. "
          + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
          + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
          "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
      tt5.setWidth(200);
      tt5.setRich(true);
      tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
      c6.setToolTip(tt5);

I got error message:
tt5.setRich is not a function

Is it bug or I don't know something ?

Thanks,
  Karol

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Thomas Herchenroeder
I've tried your code in Playground - works perfectly! :-\

T.

Grykar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser. Generally
> it works except example below
>
>       var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
> auto-wrapping. "
>           + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>           + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>           "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
>       tt5.setWidth(200);
>       tt5.setRich(true);
>       tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
>       c6.setToolTip(tt5);
>
> I got error message:
> tt5.setRich is not a function
>
> Is it bug or I don't know something ?
>
> Thanks,
>   Karol

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Karol Gryger

:-)
It doesn't work under FireFox nor IE. I tested on 0.8.0 and 0.8.2. Moreover
build version return the same error.
F.setRich is not a function

I purged cache both browser and QooXdoo.
I have no idea what is wrong.

please look
http://family3.org/test/source/index.html

there is the source
http://family3.org/test/source/class/test/Application.js

Karol

thron7-2 wrote:

> I've tried your code in Playground - works perfectly! :-\
>
> T.
>
> Grykar wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser.
>> Generally
>> it works except example below
>>
>>       var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>> auto-wrapping. "
>>           + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>           + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>           "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
>>       tt5.setWidth(200);
>>       tt5.setRich(true);
>>       tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
>>       c6.setToolTip(tt5);
>>
>> I got error message:
>> tt5.setRich is not a function
>>
>> Is it bug or I don't know something ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Karol

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Thomas Herchenroeder
I'll have a look.

T.

Grykar wrote:

> :-)
> It doesn't work under FireFox nor IE. I tested on 0.8.0 and 0.8.2. Moreover
> build version return the same error.
> F.setRich is not a function
>
> I purged cache both browser and QooXdoo.
> I have no idea what is wrong.
>
> please look
> http://family3.org/test/source/index.html
>
> there is the source
> http://family3.org/test/source/class/test/Application.js
>
> Karol
>

> thron7-2 wrote:
>
>> I've tried your code in Playground - works perfectly! :-\
>>
>> T.
>>
>> Grykar wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser.
>>> Generally
>>> it works except example below
>>>
>>>       var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>>> auto-wrapping. "
>>>           + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>>           + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>>           "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
>>>       tt5.setWidth(200);
>>>       tt5.setRich(true);
>>>       tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
>>>       c6.setToolTip(tt5);
>>>
>>> I got error message:
>>> tt5.setRich is not a function
>>>
>>> Is it bug or I don't know something ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>   Karol

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

fritz
Well, on the playground it DOES work for me with FireFox.

However, I vaguely recall something that setRich() only works when creating
the widget. I am not sure if this was or is still true, but try this:

   var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with  auto-wrapping. "
             + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
             + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
             "icon/32/actions/help-about.png").set({rich:true});

Cheers,
Fritz

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Grykar wrote:

> :-)
> It doesn't work under FireFox nor IE. I tested on 0.8.0 and 0.8.2. Moreover
> build version return the same error.
> F.setRich is not a function
>
> I purged cache both browser and QooXdoo.
> I have no idea what is wrong.
>
> please look
> http://family3.org/test/source/index.html
>
> there is the source
> http://family3.org/test/source/class/test/Application.js
>
> Karol
>

> thron7-2 wrote:
>>
>> I've tried your code in Playground - works perfectly! :-\
>>
>> T.
>>
>> Grykar wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser.
>>> Generally
>>> it works except example below
>>>
>>>       var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>>> auto-wrapping. "
>>>           + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>>           + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>>           "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
>>>       tt5.setWidth(200);
>>>       tt5.setRich(true);
>>>       tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
>>>       c6.setToolTip(tt5);
>>>
>>> I got error message:
>>> tt5.setRich is not a function
>>>
>>> Is it bug or I don't know something ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>   Karol

Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Jim Hunter-2
I think I ran into this too, you have to call setRich() prior to the control being displayed. Once it is displayed you can not change that setting.

Jim

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Fritz Zaucker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, on the playground it DOES work for me with FireFox.

However, I vaguely recall something that setRich() only works when creating
the widget. I am not sure if this was or is still true, but try this:

  var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with  auto-wrapping. "
            + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
            + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
            "icon/32/actions/help-about.png").set({rich:true});

Cheers,
Fritz

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Grykar wrote:

> :-)
> It doesn't work under FireFox nor IE. I tested on 0.8.0 and 0.8.2. Moreover
> build version return the same error.
> F.setRich is not a function
>
> I purged cache both browser and QooXdoo.
> I have no idea what is wrong.
>
> please look
> http://family3.org/test/source/index.html
>
> there is the source
> http://family3.org/test/source/class/test/Application.js
>
> Karol
>

> thron7-2 wrote:
>>
>> I've tried your code in Playground - works perfectly! :-\
>>
>> T.
>>
>> Grykar wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I tryied use example of qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip from Demo browser.
>>> Generally
>>> it works except example below
>>>
>>>       var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>>> auto-wrapping. "
>>>           + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>>           + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>>           "icon/32/actions/help-about.png");
>>>       tt5.setWidth(200);
>>>       tt5.setRich(true);
>>>       tt5.setShowTimeout(50);
>>>       c6.setToolTip(tt5);
>>>
>>> I got error message:
>>> tt5.setRich is not a function
>>>
>>> Is it bug or I don't know something ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>   Karol

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Karol Gryger

Jim,

unfortunatelly still doesn't work

Karol

Jim Hunter wrote:

> I think I ran into this too, you have to call setRich() prior to the
> control
> being displayed. Once it is displayed you can not change that setting.
> Jim
>

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Fritz Zaucker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, on the playground it DOES work for me with FireFox.
>>
>> However, I vaguely recall something that setRich() only works when
>> creating
>> the widget. I am not sure if this was or is still true, but try this:
>>
>>   var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>>  auto-wrapping. "
>>             + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>             + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>              "icon/32/actions/help-about.png").set({rich:true});
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Fritz
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Grykar wrote:
>>
>> > :-)
>> > It doesn't work under FireFox nor IE. I tested on 0.8.0 and 0.8.2.
>> Moreover
>> > build version return the same error.
>> > F.setRich is not a function
>> >
>> > I purged cache both browser and QooXdoo.
>> > I have no idea what is wrong.
>> >
>> > please look
>> > http://family3.org/test/source/index.html
>> >
>> > there is the source
>> > http://family3.org/test/source/class/test/Application.js
>> >
>> > Karol

>> are
>> and
>> development

>> > Apps built with the Adobe(R) Flex(R) framework and Flex Builder(TM) are
>> > powering Web 2.0 with engaging, cross-platform capabilities. Quickly
>> and
>> > easily build your RIAs with Flex Builder, the Eclipse(TM)based
>> development
>> > software that enables intelligent coding and step-through debugging.
>> > Download the free 60 day trial. http://p.sf.net/sfu/www-adobe-com
>> >

>> --
>> Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
>> Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
>> Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
>> CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
>> Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Thomas Herchenroeder
No, I don't think it has to do with the time of the method invocation. I
saw from your app that you are using qooxdoo 0.8. 0.8 simply didn't have
that method in the ToolTip class! It has been added later.

I would recommend you upgrade your qooxdoo installation to 0.8.2, migrate
your application, and everthing should be fine.

I'm not sure how HTML ToolTips would work in 0.8 (the Demobrowser demo
widget/ToolTip doesn't try [1]), but if for some reason you want to stick
with this version, try working with the ToolTip's label, like so:

  tt5.getLabel().setRich(true);

(Unfortunately, 0.8 also didn't have the Playground application, so I
cannot check).

HTH,
Thomas

[1] http://demo.qooxdoo.org/0.8/demobrowser/index.html#widget-Tooltip.html

> Jim,
>
> unfortunatelly still doesn't work
>
> Karol
>

> Jim Hunter wrote:
>>
>> I think I ran into this too, you have to call setRich() prior to the
>> control
>> being displayed. Once it is displayed you can not change that setting.
>> Jim
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Fritz Zaucker <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, on the playground it DOES work for me with FireFox.
>>>
>>> However, I vaguely recall something that setRich() only works when
>>> creating
>>> the widget. I am not sure if this was or is still true, but try this:
>>>
>>>   var tt5 = new qx.ui.tooltip.ToolTip("A long label text with
>>>  auto-wrapping. "
>>>             + "This also may contain rich HTML markup "
>>>             + "and with a (show) timeout of 50ms.",
>>>              "icon/32/actions/help-about.png").set({rich:true});
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Fritz

>>> Moreover

>>> are
>>> and
>>> development

>>> are
>>> and
>>> development
>>> >

>>> --
>>> Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
>>> Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
>>> Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
>>> CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
>>> Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

>>> Apps built with the Adobe(R) Flex(R) framework and Flex Builder(TM) are
>>> powering Web 2.0 with engaging, cross-platform capabilities. Quickly
>>> and
>>> easily build your RIAs with Flex Builder, the Eclipse(TM)based
>>> development
>>> software that enables intelligent coding and step-through debugging.
>>> Download the free 60 day trial. http://p.sf.net/sfu/www-adobe-com

Re: ToolTip... setRich is not a function

Karol Gryger

Thomas,

the root cause of issue was old version 0.8.0 instead of 0.8.2 - thanks for
help.

Sorry for inconvenience guys

Karol