ToggleButton

Frédéric
Hi!

My home automation (KNX-based) client app. is almost finished, and works
fine.

To improve the design, I would like to know if it is possible to avoid the
'changeValue' event to be triggered when I set a new value from the
code (using toggle.setValue())? I would like this event to be triggered
only when the user *clicks* on the toggle, from the GUI...

    Frédéric

Re: ToggleButton

fritz
I had a similar problem and solved it by listening to the click event
instead of the changeValue event. Inside the click event handler you can use
getValue() to get the new value.

Cheers,
Fritz

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Frédéric wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My home automation (KNX-based) client app. is almost finished, and works
> fine.
>
> To improve the design, I would like to know if it is possible to avoid the
> 'changeValue' event to be triggered when I set a new value from the
> code (using toggle.setValue())? I would like this event to be triggered
> only when the user *clicks* on the toggle, from the GUI...
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>    Frédéric

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: ToggleButton

Frédéric
Le 13/11/2015, Fritz a écrit :

> I had a similar problem and solved it by listening to the click event
> instead of the changeValue event. Inside the click event handler you can
> use getValue() to get the new value.

Clever!

Thanks :o)

--
    Frédéric

Re: ToggleButton

Frédéric
Le 13/11/2015, Fritz a écrit :

> I had a similar problem and solved it by listening to the click event
> instead of the changeValue event. Inside the click event handler you can
> use getValue() to get the new value.

I tried to implement something similar for the slider, to avoid sending
notifications while moving the cursor.

This time, I binded the 'mouseup' signal. It works fine, except if I
release the button while the mouse is not above the slider anymore...

Any idea to trigger an event when I release the button, in any case?

    Frédéric

Re: ToggleButton

Dietrich Streifert-2
Hi Frédéric,

from what i see in

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/framework/source/class/qx/ui/form/Slider.js#L91

you should maybe liste for the 'losecapture' event:

http://tinyurl.com/q7kthf7

Am 13.11.2015 um 13:56 schrieb Frédéric:
> I tried to implement something similar for the slider, to avoid
> sending notifications while moving the cursor. This time, I binded the
> 'mouseup' signal. It works fine, except if I release the button while
> the mouse is not above the slider anymore... Any idea to trigger an
> event when I release the button, in any case? Thanks,

Re: ToggleButton

Frédéric
Le 13/11/2015, Dietrich a écrit :

> from what i see in
>
> https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/framework/source/class/qx/ui/form/Slider.js#L91
>
> you should maybe liste for the 'losecapture' event:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/q7kthf7

I omitted to say that I'm using the mobile framework. This event does not
seems to exists in this part :o(

--
    Frédéric

Re: ToggleButton

Dietrich Streifert-2
OK then try 'trackend':

http://tinyurl.com/plrsmbj

Am 13.11.2015 um 14:46 schrieb Frédéric:

> Le 13/11/2015, Dietrich a écrit :
>
>> from what i see in
>>
>> https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/framework/source/class/qx/ui/form/Slider.js#L91
>>
>> you should maybe liste for the 'losecapture' event:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/q7kthf7
> I omitted to say that I'm using the mobile framework. This event does not
> seems to exists in this part :o(

Re: ToggleButton

Frédéric
Le 13/11/2015, Dietrich a écrit :

> OK then try 'trackend':
>
> http://tinyurl.com/plrsmbj

Works fine, thank you very much!

--
    Frédéric

Re: ToggleButton

Frédéric
Le vendredi 13 novembre 2015, Fritz a écrit :

> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Frédéric wrote:
>
> > To improve the design, I would like to know if it is possible to avoid
> > the 'changeValue' event to be triggered when I set a new value from the
> > code (using toggle.setValue())? I would like this event to be triggered
> > only when the user *clicks* on the toggle, from the GUI...
>
> I had a similar problem and solved it by listening to the click event
> instead of the changeValue event. Inside the click event handler you can
> use getValue() to get the new value.

I just noticed that my toggles does not work when I 'slide' them (on
mobiles), instead of clicking onto them.

What signal should I also bind to react to that? I tried 'swipe', but it
does not seem to work...

    Frédéric