Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Stefan Volbers
Hey there,

see
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html

with Internet Explorer (I tested IE7).
You'll see strange colors in the windows' title bar.
This does not happen with

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html

(as of 15.12.2009). So I guess there's some png/css thing wrong since
qooxdoo pre-1.0.

Sadly I have no clue how to remedy this. Anyone else?

Greetings,
Stefan

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Christian Schmidt
Hi Stefan,

I tested both linkes with an empty cache and I coun't see any proplems.
Could you please try it again with an empty catche? Could you please
send me a screenshot, if it does still exist?

Thanks,
Chris

Am 15.12.2009 13:54, schrieb Stefan Volbers:

> Hey there,
>
> see
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>
> with Internet Explorer (I tested IE7).
> You'll see strange colors in the windows' title bar.
> This does not happen with
>
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>
> (as of 15.12.2009). So I guess there's some png/css thing wrong since
> qooxdoo pre-1.0.
>
> Sadly I have no clue how to remedy this. Anyone else?
>
> Greetings,
> Stefan

Christian Schmidt
Software Entwickler

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Stefan Volbers
Hi Chris,

sure, find it attached.
The page was reloaded after restarting IE7 & cleaning cache (double
checked it was empty) before the screenshot was taken, as you asked for.
Even repeated this procedure several times as I believe in my own
stupidity, but the results remained the same.

There are also artifacts in the shadows, the button, etc.
I know I have seen this before, but can't remember when or where (maybe
somewhere around qooxdoo 0.7).
Browser was IE7 (german).
Just double checked in a VM with IE6, there the problem does indeed not
occur... no IE8 available right now. But it seems like the effect is IE
version specific, I'd appreciate if you made sure you used IE7.

I noticed the mentioned stuff first when testing Tobi's 'remocular' in
IE7 (there again everything looks smooth in IE6).

Sorry I can't tell you what's wrong, but my cache ain't.
HTH,
greetings,
Stefan

On 15.12.2009 14:21, Christian Schmidt wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I tested both linkes with an empty cache and I coun't see any proplems.
> Could you please try it again with an empty catche? Could you please
> send me a screenshot, if it does still exist?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> Am 15.12.2009 13:54, schrieb Stefan Volbers:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> see
>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>
>> with Internet Explorer (I tested IE7).
>> You'll see strange colors in the windows' title bar.
>> This does not happen with
>>
>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>
>> (as of 15.12.2009). So I guess there's some png/css thing wrong since
>> qooxdoo pre-1.0.
>>
>> Sadly I have no clue how to remedy this. Anyone else?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Stefan

ie7_qxwindow_title_bar.jpg (156K) Download Attachment

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Dominik Horb
Heyho,

I just tried this out with IETester and just wanted to confirm that this
indeed looks a bit strange in IE7.
In the real IE8 it looks alright in both, the IE7 compatibility mode and
standards mode.

Best Regards

Dominik

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:48:48 +0100
> From: Stefan Volbers<[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [qooxdoo-devel] Title bar colors anomaly with Internet
> Explorer
> To: qooxdoo Development<[hidden email]>
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> sure, find it attached.
> The page was reloaded after restarting IE7&  cleaning cache (double
> checked it was empty) before the screenshot was taken, as you asked for.
> Even repeated this procedure several times as I believe in my own
> stupidity, but the results remained the same.
>
> There are also artifacts in the shadows, the button, etc.
> I know I have seen this before, but can't remember when or where (maybe
> somewhere around qooxdoo 0.7).
> Browser was IE7 (german).
> Just double checked in a VM with IE6, there the problem does indeed not
> occur... no IE8 available right now. But it seems like the effect is IE
> version specific, I'd appreciate if you made sure you used IE7.
>
> I noticed the mentioned stuff first when testing Tobi's 'remocular' in
> IE7 (there again everything looks smooth in IE6).
>
> Sorry I can't tell you what's wrong, but my cache ain't.
> HTH,
> greetings,
> Stefan
>
> On 15.12.2009 14:21, Christian Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> I tested both linkes with an empty cache and I coun't see any proplems.
>> Could you please try it again with an empty catche? Could you please
>> send me a screenshot, if it does still exist?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>> Am 15.12.2009 13:54, schrieb Stefan Volbers:
>>
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>> see
>>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>>
>>> with Internet Explorer (I tested IE7).
>>> You'll see strange colors in the windows' title bar.
>>> This does not happen with
>>>
>>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>>
>>> (as of 15.12.2009). So I guess there's some png/css thing wrong since
>>> qooxdoo pre-1.0.
>>>
>>> Sadly I have no clue how to remedy this. Anyone else?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Stefan

> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: ie7_qxwindow_title_bar.jpg
> Type: image/jpeg
> Size: 117097 bytes
> Desc: not available
>
> ------------------------------

> Return on Information:
> Google Enterprise Search pays you back
> Get the facts.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/google-dev2dev

> End of qooxdoo-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 59

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Andreas Ecker
Hi Stefan, Dominik,

thanks for reporting and/or confirming the issue. We have identified the
cause of the problem and have a fix available.

Bye,

Andreas

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 16:15 +0100, Dominik Horb wrote:

> Heyho,
>
> I just tried this out with IETester and just wanted to confirm that this
> indeed looks a bit strange in IE7.
> In the real IE8 it looks alright in both, the IE7 compatibility mode and
> standards mode.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Dominik
>
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:48:48 +0100
> > From: Stefan Volbers<[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [qooxdoo-devel] Title bar colors anomaly with Internet
> > Explorer
> > To: qooxdoo Development<[hidden email]>
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > sure, find it attached.
> > The page was reloaded after restarting IE7&  cleaning cache (double
> > checked it was empty) before the screenshot was taken, as you asked for.
> > Even repeated this procedure several times as I believe in my own
> > stupidity, but the results remained the same.
> >
> > There are also artifacts in the shadows, the button, etc.
> > I know I have seen this before, but can't remember when or where (maybe
> > somewhere around qooxdoo 0.7).
> > Browser was IE7 (german).
> > Just double checked in a VM with IE6, there the problem does indeed not
> > occur... no IE8 available right now. But it seems like the effect is IE
> > version specific, I'd appreciate if you made sure you used IE7.
> >
> > I noticed the mentioned stuff first when testing Tobi's 'remocular' in
> > IE7 (there again everything looks smooth in IE6).
> >
> > Sorry I can't tell you what's wrong, but my cache ain't.
> > HTH,
> > greetings,
> > Stefan
> >
> > On 15.12.2009 14:21, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Stefan,
> >>
> >> I tested both linkes with an empty cache and I coun't see any proplems.
> >> Could you please try it again with an empty catche? Could you please
> >> send me a screenshot, if it does still exist?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chris

> > Name: ie7_qxwindow_title_bar.jpg
> > Type: image/jpeg
> > Size: 117097 bytes
> > Desc: not available
> >
> > ------------------------------

> > Return on Information:
> > Google Enterprise Search pays you back
> > Get the facts.
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/google-dev2dev

> > End of qooxdoo-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 59

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Fink, Andreas
I remember there was a similar problem:
http://old.nabble.com/Modern-theme-IE-Vista-to19183636.html#a19183636

I tried it with IE8 Windows Vista. Everything looks fine.

Regards,

Andreas

The page was reloaded after restarting IE7 & cleaning cache (double checked it was empty) before the screenshot was taken, as you asked for.
Even repeated this procedure several times as I believe in my own stupidity, but the results remained the same.

There are also artifacts in the shadows, the button, etc.
I know I have seen this before, but can't remember when or where (maybe somewhere around qooxdoo 0.7).
Browser was IE7 (german).
Just double checked in a VM with IE6, there the problem does indeed not occur... no IE8 available right now. But it seems like the effect is IE version specific, I'd appreciate if you made sure you used IE7.

I noticed the mentioned stuff first when testing Tobi's 'remocular' in
IE7 (there again everything looks smooth in IE6).

Sorry I can't tell you what's wrong, but my cache ain't.
HTH,
greetings,
Stefan

On 15.12.2009 14:21, Christian Schmidt wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I tested both linkes with an empty cache and I coun't see any proplems.
> Could you please try it again with an empty catche? Could you please
> send me a screenshot, if it does still exist?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> Am 15.12.2009 13:54, schrieb Stefan Volbers:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> see
>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>
>> with Internet Explorer (I tested IE7).
>> You'll see strange colors in the windows' title bar.
>> This does not happen with
>>
>> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.html
>>
>> (as of 15.12.2009). So I guess there's some png/css thing wrong since
>> qooxdoo pre-1.0.
>>
>> Sadly I have no clue how to remedy this. Anyone else?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Stefan

Re: Title bar colors anomaly with Internet Explorer

Stefan Volbers
Hi Dominik,

thank you for confirming, I felt a bit alone on this one...

Greetings
Stefan