Table remote model problem

elpix1
Hi,

In my Qooxdoo 2.1 desktop application I have several tables
using the remote model and they work fine.

I have one case though, where the user can select a filter for
the data being shown by the table and when the filter is selected
I call the table's model reloadData(). My model's "_loadRowCount()"
and "_loadRowData()" use the filter set by the user to request
the data from the server.
This table has only 3 columns and does not use meta columns.

The problem occurs when a filter is selected and the received
data changes the visibility of the table vertical scrollbar.
For example, if the table is only showing a few lines and the
scrollbar is not visible and if I select a filter which would
load more data so that the vertical scrollbar becomes
visible the problem occurs. The reverse is also true.

The problem consists in several (up to 6) identical "_loadRowData()"
requests for the same data and sometimes the table is corrupted
with duplicate blocks of data. "_loadRowCount()" is called
only once, though.

Trying to trace the problem, if I change the function:

   qx.ui.table.Table._updateScrollBarVisibility()

to return immediately, the problem does not occur,
but obviously the vertical scrollbar is not updated.

It seems that changing the visibility of the vertical scroll
bar triggers some event that is reloading more data.

Any suggestions to solve this problem ?

Best regards.

Re: Table remote model problem

Alexander Steitz
Hi,

is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?

Regards,
 Alex

[...]

Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL, ASP.NET, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS, MVC, Windows 8 Apps, JavaScript and much more. Keep your skills current with LearnDevNow - 3,200 step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft MVPs and experts. ON SALE this month only -- learn more at:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122712

Re: Table remote model problem

elpix1
Hi,

I created a small sample application which simulates the server
requests inside the remote model and the problem didn't occur:

        http://tinyurl.com/c4pm4gg

I will continue to investigate my code...

Thanks and best regards.
Elemer.

> Hi,
>
> is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

I managed to create an application that reproduces the problem:

        http://tinyurl.com/ckpd9h3

When the application starts the table is empty.
If you select the Count=100 for example, the table is loaded
with corrupted data. It should start from "row_0" but starts
from "row_50". If you press "Reload" the table is reloaded OK.

Every time there is a transition in the visibility of the
scrollbars the problem may occur.

If you turn on the logs, you will see several repeated
requests when the problem occurs.

This problem ONLY OCCURS if:
- Table uses a Resize column model AND
- The table column visibility button is hidden.
That is why my first test worked.

Best regards.

> Hi,
>
> is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

Ivan Pogorelov
Hi,

The problem can be found after the commit with remote model chaching fix: https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/commit/9467af0ca0dca9a46907179dd8c8001cea68d436

The problem is that the first block of rows is getting cleared. If you change blockSize property of the remote model to 5 (the default value is 50), so you'll find that it loads rows begining from 5th.

The best regards,
Ivan

On 29 December 2012 03:07, Elemer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I managed to create an application that reproduces the problem:

        http://tinyurl.com/ckpd9h3

When the application starts the table is empty.
If you select the Count=100 for example, the table is loaded
with corrupted data. It should start from "row_0" but starts
from "row_50". If you press "Reload" the table is reloaded OK.

Every time there is a transition in the visibility of the
scrollbars the problem may occur.

If you turn on the logs, you will see several repeated
requests when the problem occurs.

This problem ONLY OCCURS if:
- Table uses a Resize column model AND
- The table column visibility button is hidden.
That is why my first test worked.

Best regards.

> Hi,
>
> is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

fei wang
Hi,

The issue you menthioned will be disappeared, if set "table.setColumnVisibilityButtonVisible(true);",
Maybe it's a workround for it.

Regards,
Wang Fei

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Ivan Pogorelov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The problem can be found after the commit with remote model chaching fix: https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/commit/9467af0ca0dca9a46907179dd8c8001cea68d436

The problem is that the first block of rows is getting cleared. If you change blockSize property of the remote model to 5 (the default value is 50), so you'll find that it loads rows begining from 5th.

The best regards,
Ivan

On 29 December 2012 03:07, Elemer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I managed to create an application that reproduces the problem:

        http://tinyurl.com/ckpd9h3

When the application starts the table is empty.
If you select the Count=100 for example, the table is loaded
with corrupted data. It should start from "row_0" but starts
from "row_50". If you press "Reload" the table is reloaded OK.

Every time there is a transition in the visibility of the
scrollbars the problem may occur.

If you turn on the logs, you will see several repeated
requests when the problem occurs.

This problem ONLY OCCURS if:
- Table uses a Resize column model AND
- The table column visibility button is hidden.
That is why my first test worked.

Best regards.

> Hi,
>
> is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

I used to check bugzilla in first =)

Good luck!

On 30 December 2012 18:12, fei wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The issue you menthioned will be disappeared, if set "table.setColumnVisibilityButtonVisible(true);",
Maybe it's a workround for it.

Regards,
Wang Fei

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Ivan Pogorelov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The problem can be found after the commit with remote model chaching fix: https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/commit/9467af0ca0dca9a46907179dd8c8001cea68d436

The problem is that the first block of rows is getting cleared. If you change blockSize property of the remote model to 5 (the default value is 50), so you'll find that it loads rows begining from 5th.

The best regards,
Ivan

On 29 December 2012 03:07, Elemer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I managed to create an application that reproduces the problem:

        http://tinyurl.com/ckpd9h3

When the application starts the table is empty.
If you select the Count=100 for example, the table is loaded
with corrupted data. It should start from "row_0" but starts
from "row_50". If you press "Reload" the table is reloaded OK.

Every time there is a transition in the visibility of the
scrollbars the problem may occur.

If you turn on the logs, you will see several repeated
requests when the problem occurs.

This problem ONLY OCCURS if:
- Table uses a Resize column model AND
- The table column visibility button is hidden.
That is why my first test worked.

Best regards.

> Hi,
>
> is it possible for you to create a sample application which shows this issue reproducible?
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Elemer,

I'm seeing the same behaviour without resize column model and with column visibility button visible.

My current workarround is to block calls to _loadRowCount and _loadRowData while the response from the server did not arrive yet.

Please add your testcase and bug description to bug http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7111

@Alex: please can you point us to the exact commit where the cache fix Ivan mentioned was implemented?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen