Table and browser Ctrl-F - not highlighting (FF, IE)

Table and browser Ctrl-F - not highlighting (FF, IE)

Kuzmeech

Just noticed after I've adopted qooxdoo on my project: Ctrl-F (search in
page) functionality in FF and IE don't highlight found values.

It only works in Opera.

Will appreciate suggestions!

Re: Table and browser Ctrl-F - not highlighting (FF, IE)

Alexander Back
Hi,

at least for Firefox the reason seems to be the CSS property
"-moz-user-select" [0] set to none. I guess this setting also effects
the search on the webpage.
However, you can highlight your search results by pressing the
"Highlight all" button to force Firefox to actively highlight the search
results.

In case of IE I do not know why highlightung is not functional.

cheers,
   Alex

[0] http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/CSS:-moz-user-select

Kuzmeech wrote:
> Just noticed after I've adopted qooxdoo on my project: Ctrl-F (search in
> page) functionality in FF and IE don't highlight found values.
>
> It only works in Opera.
>
> Will appreciate suggestions!

Opera breaks TreeVirtual

John Spackman

Hi,

I'm using Opera 9.51 (Opera is *much* faster at loading than FF2 or 3) and working with TreeVirtual but I get an exception, in my code and in the TreeVirtual_1 in the Demo Browser:

JavaScript - http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/TreeVirtual_1.html?qxvariant:qx.aspects:off&qx.enableAspect:false

Timeout thread: delay 0 ms

Error:

name: TypeError

message: Statement on line 17778: Cannot convert undefined or null to Object

Backtrace:

  Line 17778 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    if($4._computedWidthTypeAuto){$4._computedWidthTypeAuto=false;

  Line 17737 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    this._computeColumnsFlexWidth($0,

  Line 17609 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    this.getBehavior().onAppear(this,

  ...  Line 3049 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    $3.call($4,

  Line 3036 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    }this._dispatchEvent($0,

  Line 3015 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    function($0){if(this.hasEventListeners($0)){this.dispatchEvent(new qx.event.type.Event($0),

  Line 5525 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    this.createDispatchEvent($[112]);

  ...  Line 7137 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    function(){arguments.callee.base.call(this);

  ...  Line 28634 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    function(){arguments.callee.base.call(this);

  Line 4849 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    if($2.getVisibility()){$2._afterAppear();

  Line 4706 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    qx.ui.core.Widget.flushGlobalDisplayQueue();

  Line 26721 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    qx.ui.core.Widget.flushGlobalQueues();

  ...  Line 3049 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    $3.call($4,

  Line 3036 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    }this._dispatchEvent($0,

  Line 3015 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    function($0){if(this.hasEventListeners($0)){this.dispatchEvent(new qx.event.type.Event($0),

  Line 26759 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

    function(){if(qx.lang.Object.isEmpty(this._list)){this.createDispatchEvent($[31]);

stacktrace:   ...  Line 17737 of linked script http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/script/demo.js

[...]

It stops the tree processing and no branches etc are shown.

Re: Opera breaks TreeVirtual

Alexander Back
Hi John,

many thanks for your report. Could you please file a bug report for this
issue at http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org with a short description? This will
help us to track down the bug efficiently.

cheers,
   Alex

John Spackman wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using Opera 9.51 (Opera is *much* faster at loading than FF2 or 3) and
> working with TreeVirtual but I get an exception, in my code and in the
> TreeVirtual_1 in the Demo Browser:
>

> JavaScript -
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/TreeVirtual_1.html?
> qxvariant:qx.aspects:off&qx.enableAspect:false

> It stops the tree processing and no branches etc are shown.
>

> John

Re: Opera breaks TreeVirtual

John Spackman
Sure thing, it's there now.  I've done some tracing and I think it's an
Opera bug where Array.splice is broken :(

John Spackman wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using Opera 9.51 (Opera is *much* faster at loading than FF2 or 3) and
> working with TreeVirtual but I get an exception, in my code and in the
> TreeVirtual_1 in the Demo Browser:
>

> JavaScript -

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/TreeVirtual_1.html?
> qxvariant:qx.aspects:off&qx.enableAspect:false

> It stops the tree processing and no branches etc are shown.
>

> John

Re: Opera breaks TreeVirtual

John Spackman
It looks to me like Opera's splice is badly broken - I'm not exactly a
JavaScript expert, so perhaps someone can tell me if I'm going mad or not,
but I tried this code in Opera and FF2:

        var myarray = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5];
        var myarray2 = myarray.splice(3);
        this.debug("myarray2=" + myarray2);
        this.debug("myarray=" + myarray);

I think that myarray2 should be [4, 5] and myarray should be [1, 2, 3], but
instead I get this output:

        003484 DEBUG: qx.ui.table.columnmodel.resizebehavior.Default[134]:
myarray2=
        003484 DEBUG: qx.ui.table.columnmodel.resizebehavior.Default[134]:
myarray=1,2,4,5

Truncating past the end of the array isn't good either; with myarray now set
to [1,2,4,5], I tried:
                myarray.splice(4);
                this.debug("myarray=" + myarray);

and got:
        003484 DEBUG: qx.ui.table.columnmodel.resizebehavior.Default[134]:
myarray=1,2,4

For the same code, FF2 shows what you'd expect:
        034516 DEBUG: qx.ui.table.columnmodel.resizebehavior.Default[132]:
myarray2=4,5
        034516 DEBUG: qx.ui.table.columnmodel.resizebehavior.Default[132]:
myarray=1,2,3

John Spackman wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using Opera 9.51 (Opera is *much* faster at loading than FF2 or 3) and
> working with TreeVirtual but I get an exception, in my code and in the
> TreeVirtual_1 in the Demo Browser:
>

> JavaScript -

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/TreeVirtual_1.html?
> qxvariant:qx.aspects:off&qx.enableAspect:false

> It stops the tree processing and no branches etc are shown.
>

> John

Re: Opera breaks TreeVirtual

John Spackman
Turns out that this is a known issue in Opera since August 2006 where if the
second argument is NOT given to splice it corrupts the array; their response
is that the second argument is required, so I guess corrupting the array is
a "feature".  I've updated the bug report with a patch.

John Spackman wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using Opera 9.51 (Opera is *much* faster at loading than FF2 or 3) and
> working with TreeVirtual but I get an exception, in my code and in the
> TreeVirtual_1 in the Demo Browser:
>

> JavaScript -

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/TreeVirtual_1.html?
> qxvariant:qx.aspects:off&qx.enableAspect:false

> It stops the tree processing and no branches etc are shown.
>

> John

Re: Opera breaks TreeVirtual

Hi John,

> Turns out that this is a known issue in Opera since August 2006 where if the
> second argument is NOT given to splice it corrupts the array; their response
> is that the second argument is required, so I guess corrupting the array is
> a "feature".  I've updated the bug report with a patch.

Which version of qooxdoo are you using? We have had this issue before
<http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=997> and already fixed it
in the legacy_0_7_x branch. Maybe it is enough for you to use the 0.7
version from svn.

Best Fabian

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss