Suggested a new behavior for Table Cell Editor

Suggested a new behavior for Table Cell Editor

tqdkhoa
Hi Qooxdoo Team,

I have used the Table Cell Editor for my application as photo below:
Hình ảnh nội tuyến 3

Until now, everything has worked perfectly but i  want to improve the convenience for users when they use this screen. As you see that the table on left has 50 rows if users want to find a particular "Infrastructure Type" they will have to drag the vertical scroll bar to find ones. I wonder if there are any ways to transform the the first column header to text field in order to allow user to do quick search by type key word (For example: "IPv4") and then the table will list all Infrastructure Types have prefix or suffix like "IPv4". When users finish their job, the first column header will turn back into normal state.

Thanks so much for your supporting.

Thanks
Khoa Tran

Re: Suggested a new behavior for Table Cell Editor

fritz
This might be a none-trivial change. I solved a similar problem by putting
the table inside a vbox and a hbox with text field/buttons/selectboxes right
above the table. Not ideal, but at least it's understandable for the users.

Cheers,
Fritz

--
Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)

Re: Suggested a new behavior for Table Cell Editor

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Khoa Tran!

You may consider using the SmartTableModel with search as you type:

    http://demo.qooxdoo.org/contrib/demobrowser/#SmartTableModel~trunk%2FsearchAsYouType%2F2.0.3%2Findex.html

Regards
Dietrich

Am 13.12.2012 04:07, schrieb Đăng Khoa Trần Quang:
[...]

Hi Dietrich,

Thanks so much for your supporting. The demo work perfectly but i could not see the js code of it, would you please to share with me the implementation for this ? I'm using Qooxdoo version 1.5

Thanks
Khoa Tran