Sockets

Tancredi-Paul Grozav
Hello,

Any plan of introducing some classes in qooxdoo for working with websockets or the WebRTC PeerConnection API ?

Thanks,
Tancredi-Paul Grozav

Re: Sockets

Alex Gölkel
I'm looking forward for this feature, too.

Re: Sockets

MartinWittemann
Hey,
we don’t have any plan to include such classes at the moment. But feel free to open up an enhancement request in bugzilla: http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/
Regards,
Martin

Am 09.05.2014 um 17:23 schrieb Tancredi-Paul Grozav <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

Any plan of introducing some classes in qooxdoo for working with websockets or the WebRTC PeerConnection API ?

Thanks,
Tancredi-Paul Grozav

Re: Sockets

Peter Schneider
I've done such thing for 'our' application. but due to copyright issues I can
not post the qooxdoo class here.

But it was heavily based on this article:
  http://simplapi.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/linking-socket-io-to-qooxdoo/

You might have to change one or two things but in general it does the job.

/Peter

On 5/12/2014 8:44 AM Martin Wittemann wrote:

> Hey,
> we don’t have any plan to include such classes at the moment. But feel free to
> open up an enhancement request in bugzilla: http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/
> Regards,
> Martin
>

> Am 09.05.2014 um 17:23 schrieb Tancredi-Paul Grozav <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Any plan of introducing some classes in qooxdoo for working with websockets
>> or the WebRTC PeerConnection API ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tancredi-Paul Grozav

** Unsere Veranstaltungen:

T-Matik in Greven, 20.05.2014
Telematik Symposium, Stuttgart 26.06.2014
Post-Expo in Stockholm, Halle A - Stand A10.05, 23.-25.09.2014
TIS-Hausmesse in Bocholt, 16.10.2014
3. Innovationsforum Telematik, Idstein 28.10.2014
transfairlog in Hamburg, 04.-06.11.2014
BWVL-Tagung in Köln, 12.-13.11.2014

Răspuns: Sockets

Tancredi-Paul Grozav
Yes, I saw that article, that's what I had in mind ... So, I guess we'll have to create our own classes. That's OK, I guess I'll use socket.io for websockets and then maybe http://peerjs.com/ for P2P data transfer.

Thanks ! :)

În Miercuri, 14 Mai 2014 14:27:02, Peter Schneider <[hidden email]> a scris:
I've done such thing for 'our' application. but due to copyright issues I can
not post the qooxdoo class here.

But it was heavily based on this article:
  http://simplapi.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/linking-socket-io-to-qooxdoo/

You might have to change one or two things but in general it does the job.

/Peter

On 5/12/2014 8:44 AM Martin Wittemann wrote:

> Hey,
> we don’t have any plan to include such classes at the moment. But feel free to
> open up an enhancement request in bugzilla: http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/
> Regards,
> Martin
>

> Am 09.05.2014 um 17:23 schrieb Tancredi-Paul Grozav <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Any plan of introducing some classes in qooxdoo for working with websockets
>> or the WebRTC PeerConnection API ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tancredi-Paul Grozav

** Unsere Veranstaltungen:

T-Matik in Greven, 20.05.2014
Telematik Symposium, Stuttgart 26.06.2014
Post-Expo in Stockholm, Halle A - Stand A10.05, 23.-25.09.2014
TIS-Hausmesse in Bocholt, 16.10.2014
3. Innovationsforum Telematik, Idstein 28.10.2014
transfairlog in Hamburg, 04.-06.11.2014
BWVL-Tagung in Köln, 12.-13.11.2014

Re: Sockets

fritz
Hi Peter,

I'd be interested in what kind of copyright issues you encounter.

If it is your employer preventing you from publishing your work, I'd find
that rather strange behaviour using a OSS software as base for your
applications. Seems somewhat unlikely.

If it is the customer, I think we have a working solution for that:

- Develop your class.
- Publish it with an appropriate OSS license.
- Use it in your customer project and grant the customer whatever
   rights he needs.

At least our customers are more than happy to use not only the OSS Qooxdoo
framework, but also "our" OSS libraries. Especially with having the added
benefit of other people potentially improving on the OSS libraries.

Of course, this only works for "generic" functionality, not for very
customer specific functions close to the customer's business. But I'd be
surprised if your customer was in the websocket classes for Qooxdoo business

Fritz

--
Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)

Re: Sockets

Peter Schneider
Hi Fritz,

<offtopic>
the issue is not with the 'WebSocket' wrapper class itself. This is very much
equal to the part I've referred to in my previous post.

It's more the logic of getting 3rd party-libs (here 'io.websocket') that is
used in that class (IP of our company). THAT code is "closed".

And even if that was not the case, I would not post any code that includes a
copyright note of our company into the forum, sorry ;) ...not even if that
claim was not correct ;)
</offtopic>

Nevertheless, the basic idea was described in the link I've posted. Now it's
easy to implement a class for your own application (selfish way) or for the
framework (better way).

It would be perfect if the original poster would take the 2nd approach
and post that class/contribution to this forum :-D

/Peter

On 5/14/2014 1:57 PM Fritz Zaucker wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I'd be interested in what kind of copyright issues you encounter.
>
> If it is your employer preventing you from publishing your work, I'd find
> that rather strange behaviour using a OSS software as base for your
> applications. Seems somewhat unlikely.
>
> If it is the customer, I think we have a working solution for that:
>
> - Develop your class.
> - Publish it with an appropriate OSS license.
> - Use it in your customer project and grant the customer whatever
>   rights he needs.
>
> At least our customers are more than happy to use not only the OSS Qooxdoo
> framework, but also "our" OSS libraries. Especially with having the added
> benefit of other people potentially improving on the OSS libraries.
>
> Of course, this only works for "generic" functionality, not for very
> customer specific functions close to the customer's business. But I'd be
> surprised if your customer was in the websocket classes for Qooxdoo business
>
> Cheers,
> Fritz
>
> On Wed, 14 May 2014, Peter Schneider wrote:
>
>> I've done such thing for 'our' application. but due to copyright issues I
>> can not post the qooxdoo class here.

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Peter Schneider
TIS Technische Informationssysteme GmbH | Software-Entwicklung

** Unsere Veranstaltungen:

T-Matik in Greven, 20.05.2014
Telematik Symposium, Stuttgart 26.06.2014
Post-Expo in Stockholm, Halle A - Stand A10.05, 23.-25.09.2014
TIS-Hausmesse in Bocholt, 16.10.2014
3. Innovationsforum Telematik, Idstein 28.10.2014
transfairlog in Hamburg, 04.-06.11.2014
BWVL-Tagung in Köln, 12.-13.11.2014

Re: Sockets

Phyo Arkar
>It would be perfect if the original poster would take the 2nd approach
and post that class/contribution to this forum :-D

Qooxdoo had already gave the community Millions of lines of code without expecting one from us.
It is very easy for you just to rewrite the code that you already did , in an OpenSource way and contribute back to Community.