Shrinking framework folder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shrinking framework folder

Dragonheart
Hello once again!

While deploying my project (via low speed vpn + buildserver with backups etc.) I'm always having a problem of framework directory being processed for a veery long time because of the amount of files in contains. So shrinking it by removing unnecessary files is pretty important for me and probably for someone else who also needs to deploy his project in a slow enviroment.

Please, advise, which files are 100% not needed for building an application/css? I'm on qooxdoo 3.5 (because after updating to 3.5.1 I'm constantly getting an error in script part of getting browser information) with a mobile app.

Currently, I've removed application and documentation folders from root, components/tutorials folder and framework\source\class\qx\test folder.

What else am I able to safely remove if I need only classes and build capabilities?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Please, don't ask me why I can't deploy framework to the server for a single time and then just update the application :) Whole deploying process is completely scripted in my case, consists of a chain of servers and it's not that easy to change something in it..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shrinking framework folder

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Is there any specific reason why you can't just generate the
self-contained deployment version of your app using generate.py build
and push that to the production server? The SDK files are only required
at compile time unless you're generating the development version
(generate.py source), which should never be deployed in production
because it's completely unoptimized and quite slow to load.

Regards,
Daniel

On 18.07.2014 12:14, Dragonheart wrote:

> Hello once again!
>
> While deploying my project (via low speed vpn + buildserver with backups
> etc.) I'm always having a problem of framework directory being processed for
> a veery long time because of the amount of files in contains. So shrinking
> it by removing unnecessary files is pretty important for me and probably for
> someone else who also needs to deploy his project in a slow enviroment.
>
> Please, advise, which files are 100% not needed for building an
> application/css? I'm on qooxdoo 3.5 (because after updating to 3.5.1 I'm
> constantly getting an error in script part of getting browser information)
> with a mobile app.
>
> Currently, I've removed application and documentation folders from root,
> components/tutorials folder and framework\source\class\qx\test folder.
>
> What else am I able to safely remove if I need only classes and build
> capabilities?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> P.S. Please, don't ask me why I can't deploy framework to the server for a
> single time and then just update the application :) Whole deploying process
> is completely scripted in my case, consists of a chain of servers and it's
> not that easy to change something in it..
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Shrinking-framework-folder-tp7585976.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
> search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
> Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
> search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shrinking framework folder

Petr Kobalíček
I think he is using vagrant or something that takes care of building as well and want to keep it automated.

Best regards
Petr Kobalicek


On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Daniel Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any specific reason why you can't just generate the
self-contained deployment version of your app using generate.py build
and push that to the production server? The SDK files are only required
at compile time unless you're generating the development version
(generate.py source), which should never be deployed in production
because it's completely unoptimized and quite slow to load.

Regards,
Daniel

On 18.07.2014 12:14, Dragonheart wrote:
> Hello once again!
>
> While deploying my project (via low speed vpn + buildserver with backups
> etc.) I'm always having a problem of framework directory being processed for
> a veery long time because of the amount of files in contains. So shrinking
> it by removing unnecessary files is pretty important for me and probably for
> someone else who also needs to deploy his project in a slow enviroment.
>
> Please, advise, which files are 100% not needed for building an
> application/css? I'm on qooxdoo 3.5 (because after updating to 3.5.1 I'm
> constantly getting an error in script part of getting browser information)
> with a mobile app.
>
> Currently, I've removed application and documentation folders from root,
> components/tutorials folder and framework\source\class\qx\test folder.
>
> What else am I able to safely remove if I need only classes and build
> capabilities?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> P.S. Please, don't ask me why I can't deploy framework to the server for a
> single time and then just update the application :) Whole deploying process
> is completely scripted in my case, consists of a chain of servers and it's
> not that easy to change something in it..
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Shrinking-framework-folder-tp7585976.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
> search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
> Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
> search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shrinking framework folder

Dragonheart
In reply to this post by Daniel Wagner
I have a separate buildserver which is performing build, testing and deployment to qa/production servers, starting IIS web server, backuping previous deployed version, sets different settings for projects (url's and so on, that are not as the ones I'm having on my dev machine), etc. And it tooks the sources from SVN. So I have to put qooxdoo's sdk into the svn and let the buildserver take care of rebuilding the project by itself on it's side. That's why I wanted to make a shrinked sdk folder that is just enough for a mobile app to be built and running.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shrinking framework folder

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
I see. Here are some more directories that shouldn't be needed for the
build version of a mobile app:

component/(library|skeleton|standalone)
for component/(apiviewer/inspector/testrunner/simulator), you should be
able to delete the 'source' subdirectories. Just make sure to keep the
.json files.
framework/api
framework/source/class/qx/html
framework/source/class/qx/
framework/source/resource/source
framework/source/resource/qx/decoration
framework/source/resource/qx/icon (except for any icons your app uses,
of course)
framework/source/resource/qx/test
framework/source/resource/qx/static
framework/source/resource/qx/website
tool/data/migration

There are *probably* a number of subdirectories in
framework/source/class/qx/ui that aren't required in a mobile app , such
as decoration, progressive, table, tree, treevirtual, website, window.
No guarantees, though.

On 18.07.2014 13:39, Dragonheart wrote:

> I have a separate buildserver which is performing build, testing and
> deployment to qa/production servers, starting IIS web server, backuping
> previous deployed version, sets different settings for projects (url's and
> so on, that are not as the ones I'm having on my dev machine), etc. And it
> tooks the sources from SVN. So I have to put qooxdoo's sdk into the svn and
> let the buildserver take care of rebuilding the project by itself on it's
> side. That's why I wanted to make a shrinked sdk folder that is just enough
> for a mobile app to be built and running.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Shrinking-framework-folder-tp7585976p7585979.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
> search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
> Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
> search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shrinking framework folder

Dragonheart
Thanks, helped a lot! The only thing - "framework/source/resource/qx/static" was needed to build the app :)