Set margin between listitems

12

Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
How can i set margin between listitems?

I tried doing with another container , it works in http://phwa.be  but it is very slow.

please suggest.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
I want to theme list-items like https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/E_g0Z_ke5do

Can anyone help?

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
How can i set margin between listitems?

I tried doing with another container , it works in http://phwa.be  but it is very slow.

please suggest.

Re: Set margin between listitems

voger
On 16/08/2015 10:57 μμ, Phyo Arkar wrote:
> How can i set margin between listitems?

I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I think in the manuals,
in the tweets tutorial the author decorates the list items using a
delegate. I hope this is something relevant.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
    item.setMinHeight(52);

It only set minHeight , which is not the gap between items (i want to increase gap between items).

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:01 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 16/08/2015 10:57 μμ, Phyo Arkar wrote:
> How can i set margin between listitems?

I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I think in the manuals,
in the tweets tutorial the author decorates the list items using a
delegate. I hope this is something relevant.

Re: Set margin between listitems

voger
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
> or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?
Yea i am thinking about it. going to  try .
I tried spacer but adding them in widget it only spread widger wider (or am i doing it wrong?) the decorator for listItem widgets also contains the spacers.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
And you are not talking BS , I really appreciate you helping me. We need to keep that for qooxdoo community growing. I think me and you are only active right now on this group.

I would really hate to see this awesome framework , die, which is far ahead of competation and nobody knows it..

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?
Yea i am thinking about it. going to  try .
I tried spacer but adding them in widget it only spread widger wider (or am i doing it wrong?) the decorator for listItem widgets also contains the spacers.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

John Spackman-3
Not quite – there are more of us :)

The way I’d approach this is to implement my own appearance – that’s the only way to really adjust the styling of any widget, and my experience is that trying to manipulate the widget directly typically leads to frustration.

You can find some info here: http://manual.qooxdoo.org/current/pages/desktop/ui_appearance.html and looking at the standard theme appearances should help you see how to extend the default theme for ListItem and adjust margins, padding etc

John

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 06:42
To: qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [qooxdoo-devel] Set margin between listitems

And you are not talking BS , I really appreciate you helping me. We need to keep that for qooxdoo community growing. I think me and you are only active right now on this group.

I would really hate to see this awesome framework , die, which is far ahead of competation and nobody knows it..

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?
Yea i am thinking about it. going to  try .
I tried spacer but adding them in widget it only spread widger wider (or am i doing it wrong?) the decorator for listItem widgets also contains the spacers.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
Hey Jonh! thanks a lot for your input. I am fan of your themes.

Yes i did custom theme , not an expert yet , here is my theme for the listitems :

in appearance.js
    "custom-listitem": {
      style: function(states) {
        return {
          paddingTop: 4,
          paddingLeft: 8,
          paddingRight: 8,
          paddingBottom:0,
          // gap : 4,

          decorator: "chatitem"
        };
in decoratoion.js
    "chatitem": {
      // include: 'window',
      style: {
        width: 0,
        widthBottom: 1,
        color: "rgb(217, 217, 217)",
        backgroundColor: "transparent",
        boxShadowCss: "0 2px 2px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14),0 3px 1px -2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2),0 1px 5px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.12)"

I tried adding "gap:4" but it giving this error :

 Uncaught TypeError: this[hf[hl]] is not a function

not sure it is a bug.

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 06:42
To: qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 06:42
To: qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>

And you are not talking BS , I really appreciate you helping me. We need to keep that for qooxdoo community growing. I think me and you are only active right now on this group.

I would really hate to see this awesome framework , die, which is far ahead of competation and nobody knows it..

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?
Yea i am thinking about it. going to  try .
I tried spacer but adding them in widget it only spread widger wider (or am i doing it wrong?) the decorator for listItem widgets also contains the spacers.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

John Spackman-3
Glad you like them :)

If you run it under the debugger with “break on all exceptions” turned on, when you hit that exception please can you tell me the values for:
this.classname
typeof hf
hf
hf.classname
hl

John

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 06:42
To: qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>

And you are not talking BS , I really appreciate you helping me. We need to keep that for qooxdoo community growing. I think me and you are only active right now on this group.

I would really hate to see this awesome framework , die, which is far ahead of competation and nobody knows it..

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?
Yea i am thinking about it. going to  try .
I tried spacer but adding them in widget it only spread widger wider (or am i doing it wrong?) the decorator for listItem widgets also contains the spacers.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM, voger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I am talking BS here but have you considered using spacers? A
custom widget that is a container holding the list item and the spacer
aligned vertically together.
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Spacer
or maybe a grid layout with one column and eg. the even rows act as spacing?

I don't know if what I am proposing are proper ways or  hacks. I am
learning as I go and just shooting ideas.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
typeof hf

Thanks , i am working on it.

Re: Set margin between listitems

John Spackman-3
Something odd’s happened in your code, I think maybe you’re setting the appearance on something other than the ListItem.  Here’s my test app:

/**

 * @asset(xyz/*)

 */

qx.Class.define("xyz.Application", {

  extend: qx.application.Standalone,

  members: {

    main: function() {

      this.base(arguments);

      if (qx.core.Environment.get("qx.debug")) {

        qx.log.appender.Native;

        qx.log.appender.Console;

      }

      var doc = this.getRoot();

      var lst = new qx.ui.form.List().set({

        minWidth: 300,

        minHeight: 400

      });

      lst.add(new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Alpha", "xyz/test.png").set({

        appearance: "custom-listitem"

      }));

      lst.add(new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Bravo", "xyz/test.png").set({

        appearance: "custom-listitem"

      }));

      lst.add(new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Charlie", "xyz/test.png").set({

        appearance: "custom-listitem"

      }));

      lst.add(new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Delta", "xyz/test.png").set({

        appearance: "custom-listitem"

      }));

      lst.add(new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Echo", "xyz/test.png").set({

        appearance: "custom-listitem"

      }));

      // Add button to document at fixed coordinates

      doc.add(lst, {

        left: 100,

        top: 50

qx.Theme.define("xyz.theme.Appearance", {

  extend: qx.theme.modern.Appearance,

  appearances: {

    "custom-listitem": {

      style: function(states) {

        return {

          margin: [ 20, 10 ],

          gap : 20

        };

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 08:32
To: qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
typeof hf

Thanks , i am working on it.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
this.classname
"qx.ui.core.queue.Manager"

this.hf is undefined

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
typeof hf

Thanks , i am working on it.

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
i am using virtual lis t(list.List) , is it because of that?

going to test your code , thanks lots!

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
this.classname
"qx.ui.core.queue.Manager"

this.hf is undefined

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
typeof hf

Thanks , i am working on it.

Re: Set margin between listitems

John Spackman-3
Ah, I missed the bit about virtual lists, sorry.

Yes, in Atom its the gap between the icon and the label; if you’re using a completely custom widget then the layouting inside the object is up to the widget, so you would have to tell that layout to move the text over.  The margins and paddings on the widget would still work though (although I’ve not used the virtual widget I imagine that’s the case)

John

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
Thanks , the paddings works , but the margin dosen't

on http://phwa.be , we hacked it by adding a component around the list item , but that implemention is slow and when virtual listitems resizes (images , video , etc) it dosen't resize sometimes.

Thats why i am trying to  see if Margin can be set between list items (You can set Margin , but It never got effected , when look into inspector , there is NO margin property set for list items , but any other widget is fine , which is very weird).

Paddings will just make list items wider , not like margin.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah, I missed the bit about virtual lists, sorry.

Yes, in Atom its the gap between the icon and the label; if you’re using a completely custom widget then the layouting inside the object is up to the widget, so you would have to tell that layout to move the text over.  The margins and paddings on the widget would still work though (although I’ve not used the virtual widget I imagine that’s the case)

John

Re: Set margin between listitems

Phyo Arkar
So what i just need now : Able to set margin for listItems to increase Independant Gap between List Items, so that we can set on Decorators/Boxshadows on listitems without overlapping each other.

That would be quite easy if a QOoxdoo Core Dev can Enlighten us.