Ruby Gem Extending Qooxdoo Framework (MIT License)

Ruby Gem Extending Qooxdoo Framework (MIT License)

pfisk
I have created a new Ruby Gem for integrating the Qooxdoo library into my Rails projects.

It uses the Opal Ruby->JavaScript compiler so that the entire interface can be built using only Ruby code (if desired).

Here is a brief description:
-- user interfaces can be built entirely in Ruby code
-- Rails ERB templates are supported on the client (JavaScript) side
-- convenience classes such as CrudPanel, StoreManager, TemplateManager, etc
-- data binding from data stores to lists and grids
-- dynamically build components from JSON
-- interactive Ruby (client side) console
-- mobile support coming in March
-- desktop apps (Adobe AIR) in testing
-- License is MIT

RailsQx should make it very easy for Ruby-on-Rails programmers to access the power of Qooxdoo.

https://github.com/pdfisk/rails_qx_demo
https://github.com/pdfisk/rails_qx_demo/blob/master/app/assets/javascripts/views/pages/demos_page.rb
https://rubygems.org/gems/rails_qx
http://railsqx.com/
Qooxdoo pages coded in Ruby
Qooxdoo pages coded in Ruby

Re: Ruby Gem Extending Qooxdoo Framework (MIT License)

thron7
Wow, that looks interesting!

T.

<http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/file/n7587974/railsqx-1.png>
<http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/file/n7587974/railsqx-3.png>

Re: Ruby Gem Extending Qooxdoo Framework (MIT License)

pfisk
Thanks.

Now that everything is part of the Rails toolchain, the real power is going to be through the use of generators.

I added an install generator to the gem this morning.

-- rails new myapp
-- cd myapp
-- <edit the Gemfile to add opal_rails and rails_qx>
-- bundle update
-- bundle install
-- rails g rails_qx install
-- rails s
-- there is now a Qooxdoo "Hello World!" application on localhost:3000