Resizing an inline application

Michael Schwarzl
Hello,

I wrote an inline application and would like to resize it when the browser window changes its size.
All my tries didn't work.

What is the correct way to do this!

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Resizing an inline application

Alexander Steitz
Hi Michael,

On Sunday February 7 2010 13:18:09 Michael Schwarzl wrote:
> I wrote an inline application and would like to resize it when the browser
>  window changes its size. All my tries didn't work.
>
> What is the correct way to do this!
You can set the second and/or the third parameter of "qx.ui.root.Inline" to
"true". This will use the element width or height to determine the size of the
inline isle.
If the browser is resized the inline isle will automatically resize.

Take a look at the demo at

        http://demo.qooxdoo.org/1.0.x/demobrowser/#root~Inline_Dynamic_Resize.html

to get an idea of it.

cheers,
  Alex

Re: Resizing an inline application

Michael Schwarzl
Hello Alex,

thank you for your reply! I have dynamicX and dynamicY set to true and the size will be set correctly when I open the page. But on resize of the browser window the size will not (or cannot) be recalculated. In my static web pages the width is fixed but the height can vary.

Thanks,
Michael

On Monday February 8 2010 11:31:03 Michael Schwarzl wrote:
> thank you for your reply! I have dynamicX and dynamicY set to true and the
>  size will be set correctly when I open the page. But on resize of the
>  browser window the size will not (or cannot) be recalculated. In my static
>  web pages the width is fixed but the height can vary.
So your issue is solved? Or do you need some more help or infos?

cheers,
  Alex

Re: Resizing an inline application

Michael Schwarzl
Hello Alex,

sorry, no my issue is not solved by now. The initial size is correct. On vertical browser window resize the inline application remains on its old size.

Regards,
Michael

Am 08.02.2010 12:01, schrieb Alexander Steitz:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Monday February 8 2010 11:31:03 Michael Schwarzl wrote:
>> thank you for your reply! I have dynamicX and dynamicY set to true and the
>>   size will be set correctly when I open the page. But on resize of the
>>   browser window the size will not (or cannot) be recalculated. In my static
>>   web pages the width is fixed but the height can vary.
> So your issue is solved? Or do you need some more help or infos?
>
> cheers,
>    Alex

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com

Re: Resizing an inline application

Hi Michael,

the qooxdoo inline widget will adapt its size to the size of the
container DIV. Please check your site without the qooxdoo inline widget.
Only if the container div resizes correctly, the inline widget will
resize correctly as well.

Best Fabian

> Hello Alex,
>
> sorry, no my issue is not solved by now. The initial size is correct. On vertical browser window resize the inline application remains on its old size.
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>

> Am 08.02.2010 12:01, schrieb Alexander Steitz:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> On Monday February 8 2010 11:31:03 Michael Schwarzl wrote:
>>
>>> thank you for your reply! I have dynamicX and dynamicY set to true and the
>>>   size will be set correctly when I open the page. But on resize of the
>>>   browser window the size will not (or cannot) be recalculated. In my static
>>>   web pages the width is fixed but the height can vary.
>>>
>> So your issue is solved? Or do you need some more help or infos?
>>
>> cheers,
>>    Alex

>> The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
>> Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
>> Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
>> Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-6784
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: Resizing an inline application

Michael Schwarzl
Hello Fabian,

is it possible to set an Event Listener to the body and then resize the whole application? I didn't find a way to do this.

It tried this, but it didn't work (the alert to see if the event is fired - but it wasn't):

var tmpBody = document.getElementById("maincontent");
tmpBody.addEventListener("onresize", function() { alert("resize"); this.render(); });

Thanks
Michael