Quantcast

Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

level420
Hello List,

I'm trying to replace the deprecated qx.html.Location with the
corresponding qx.bom method calls.

What I could identify is the following translations:

qx.html.Location.getPageBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom> =>
qx.bom.element.Location.get<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>

But what are the translations for:

qx.html.Location.getScreenBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
qx.html.Location.getClientBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>

Thank you for your help.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dietrich Streifert

Re: Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

level420
Especially this method in qx.client.NativeWindow is out of my knowledge:

    centerToOpener : function() {
      this._centerHelper(((qx.html.Window.getInnerWidth(window) -
this.getWidth()) / 2) +
qx.html.Location.getScreenBoxLeft(window.document.body),
((qx.html.Window.getInnerHeight(window) - this.getHeight()) / 2) +
qx.html.Location.getScreenBoxTop(window.document.body));
    },

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dietrich Streifert
Visionet GmbH
Firmensitz: Am Weichselgarten 7, 91058 Erlangen
Registergericht: Handelsregister Fürth, HRB 6573
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Lindner

Re: Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

Sebastian Werner
Hi Dietrich,

getPageBox* = qx.bom.Location without scrolling. Does not make a lot of
sense.

I would replace all qetPageBox* and getClientBox* with qx.bom.Location.get.

getScreenBox* are working with screen coordinates. I don't know a good
alternative for gecko right now. This needs some investigation. In IE
you can simply use domEl.document.parentWindow.screenLeft or screenTop.
I would say this should work in Safari and Opera as well.

Sebastian

Dietrich Streifert schrieb:

> Hello List,
>
> I'm trying to replace the deprecated qx.html.Location with the
> corresponding qx.bom method calls.
>
> What I could identify is the following translations:
>
> qx.html.Location.getPageBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom> =>
> qx.bom.element.Location.get<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
>
> But what are the translations for:
>
> qx.html.Location.getScreenBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
> qx.html.Location.getClientBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
>
> Thank you for your help.

Re: Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

level420
Hi Sebastian,

I commited the changes for all qx.html.element.Location calls except for the calls in the NativeWindow centerToOpener method.

I did some Tests with FF3, IE7 and Safari 3.2.1 and the NativeWindow_1 example in demobrowser. There are three buttons at the bottom of the demo which allow centering of the native window. This does not work in any browser I tested.

So maybe the method centerToOpener and the other centerToXXX methods are is useless anyway?

Sebastian Werner schrieb:
[...]

Great. Thanks.

I have no need for them as well. Maybe just mark the method deprecated
and clear the content. Would this be an option?

Sebastian

Dietrich Streifert schrieb:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I commited the changes for all qx.html.element.Location calls except for
> the calls in the NativeWindow centerToOpener method.
>
> I did some Tests with FF3, IE7 and Safari 3.2.1 and the NativeWindow_1
> example in demobrowser. There are three buttons at the bottom of the
> demo which allow centering of the native window. This does not work in
> any browser I tested.
>
> So maybe the method centerToOpener and the other centerToXXX methods are
> is useless anyway?
>

> Sebastian Werner schrieb:
>> Hi Dietrich,
>>
>> getPageBox* = qx.bom.Location without scrolling. Does not make a lot of
>> sense.
>>
>> I would replace all qetPageBox* and getClientBox* with qx.bom.Location.get.
>>
>> getScreenBox* are working with screen coordinates. I don't know a good
>> alternative for gecko right now. This needs some investigation. In IE
>> you can simply use domEl.document.parentWindow.screenLeft or screenTop.
>> I would say this should work in Safari and Opera as well.
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

>> Dietrich Streifert schrieb:
>>
>>> Hello List,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to replace the deprecated qx.html.Location with the
>>> corresponding qx.bom method calls.
>>>
>>> What I could identify is the following translations:
>>>
>>> qx.html.Location.getPageBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom> =>
>>> qx.bom.element.Location.get<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
>>>
>>> But what are the translations for:
>>>
>>> qx.html.Location.getScreenBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
>>> qx.html.Location.getClientBox<Left|Right|Top|Bottom>
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help.

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Dietrich Streifert
> --
> Visionet GmbH
> Firmensitz: Am Weichselgarten 7, 91058 Erlangen
> Registergericht: Handelsregister Fürth, HRB 6573
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Lindner

> just about anything Open Source.

Re: Replacing qx.html.Location with qx.bom calls in branches/legacy_0_7_x

level420
Done in rev. 14185.

Marked the bug as fixed and asked Rüdiger Herrman for feedback.