Re: create-skeleton creates a 5.6Mb app

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: create-skeleton creates a 5.6Mb app

John Spackman-3
Hi

I just used create-skeleton and it's downloaded 5.6Mb of node modules … I realise that this is for Grunt, but I'm surprised that so much is downloaded for a simple skeleton – is this intentional?

John

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: create-skeleton creates a 5.6Mb app

thron7
John,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just used create-skeleton and it's downloaded 5.6Mb of node modules … I
> realise that this is for Grunt, but I'm surprised that so much is downloaded
> for a simple skeleton – is this intentional?

In a way, yes. Grunt forces local node modules, and doesn't allow some
lookup path for the modules to be located elsewhere (like node does
with its path-upwards search). You can safely delete the node_modules/
folder if you don't plan to use the 'grunt' frontend, to regain space.

As for bandwidth, the modules are only downloaded once (to an SDK
path), and then only copied from there for further skeletons, without
any net interaction ...

T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: create-skeleton creates a 5.6Mb app

John Spackman-3
OK, thanks Thomas

On 10/12/2013 15:53, "thron7" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>John,
>
>On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I just used create-skeleton and it's downloaded 5.6Mb of node modules Š
>>I
>> realise that this is for Grunt, but I'm surprised that so much is
>>downloaded
>> for a simple skeleton ­ is this intentional?
>
>In a way, yes. Grunt forces local node modules, and doesn't allow some
>lookup path for the modules to be located elsewhere (like node does
>with its path-upwards search). You can safely delete the node_modules/
>folder if you don't plan to use the 'grunt' frontend, to regain space.
>
>As for bandwidth, the modules are only downloaded once (to an SDK
>path), and then only copied from there for further skeletons, without
>any net interaction ...
>
>T.
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>----
>Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into
>your
>Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics
>Pro!
>http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktr
>k
>_______________________________________________
>qooxdoo-devel mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel