Re: Newbie doubts

Petr Kobalíček
There is interesting point for me that I'm also not understand in qooxdoo about Folder and File items for treeview. I thing that it's correct that there should be only one item, but there can be for example empty directories, so the way is probabbly always about extending existing types.

But I have one question, what is the treeview components and items designed for? It's designed for extending these types or I'm something missing ? (for example I'm always extending them, because I need database IDs, etc...)

2008/6/4 Jonathan Rass <[hidden email]>:
Hi Guilherme!

>> "make something"
Generally, you can start using qooxdoo just with the quickstart example, but you are missing some (if not all) images. We will generate a new version of quickstart within the next release of 0.8 that includes more images. I am not sure if you can change the paths without using the build system. http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.7/configuring_custom_resources If you still can not use tat system, you can just copy the missing images from the framework in your application folder. Switching to another theme is also complicated without the build system.

>> TabView
The TabView is in development (we are porting it from to 0.8) and does not work. We will have finished this work within a few days.

>> Folder structure
Yes, this is correct.

>> Browser window title
We do not have getter or setter for the window title - just use window.title = "foobar";

>> TabView
Thanks for reporting this issue, we are currently working on the appearance for the TabView widget.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Re: Newbie doubts

asaris
In most cases I would recommend to use setUserData() to add reference to other objects or values for TreeFolder&TreeFile. As usually functionality is encapsulated in referenced/other objects.

Why are there TreeFolders & TreeFiles? You can use only TreeFolders, if you want. They both provides different functionality. It is also easier to understand for human beings as we all use well-known folder/file structures everyday.

You might want to extend TreeFolder & TreeFile in cases, when you want to add some user interface functionality.

asaris

petr kobalicek wrote:
There is interesting point for me that I'm also not understand in qooxdoo about Folder and File items for treeview. I thing that it's correct that there should be only one item, but there can be for example empty directories, so the way is probabbly always about extending existing types.

But I have one question, what is the treeview components and items designed for? It's designed for extending these types or I'm something missing ? (for example I'm always extending them, because I need database IDs, etc...)

2008/6/4 Jonathan Rass <[hidden email]>:
Hi Guilherme!

>> "make something"
Generally, you can start using qooxdoo just with the quickstart example, b ut you are missing some (if not all) images. We will generate a new version of quickstart within the next release of 0.8 that includes more images. I am not sure if you can change the paths without using the build system. http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.7/configuring_custom_resources If you still can not use tat system, you can just copy the missing images from the framework in your application folder. Switching to another theme is also complicated without the build system.

>> TabView
The TabView is in development (we are porting it from to 0.8) and does not work. We will have finished this work within a few days.

>> Folder structure
Yes, this is correct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace. It's the best place to buy or sell services for just about anything Open Source. http://sourceforge.net/services/buy/index.php