Rails and Qooxdoo

Gustavo Enrique Salazar Torres
Anyone knows a decent way to setup an RPC server in Rails?
I'm considering using the Qooxdoo REST API since its a more natural integration with Rails but not so natural for Qooxdoo since the API is experimental.

Thanks in advance
Gustavo

Re: Rails and Qooxdoo

Tristan Koch
Hi Gustavo,

for the sake of accuracy, let me clarify that REST is not RPC. With RPC you call procedures, in REST you retrieve or send representations of resources. That being said, I believe REST is the far better match than RPC since its somewhat native to Rails.

Personally I suggest you go ahead and give qx.io.rest.Resouce a try. Sure, strictly speaking the REST API is still experimental but it did not receive many changes since the last release and we might remove the experimental status in the next version of qooxdoo.

Regards
Tristan