QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Hello to all.

I'm reading the bibliograph application and in it uses qxtransformer a
lot. In this app the author defines some custom namespaces. Im my app,
I'm creating a pane with some buttons.

My button is named PanelButton and has this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<qxt:component
    xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
    xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
    className="adv4seller.PanelButton"
    author="Leandro Santiago"
    tagName="panelButton">

    <qx:button id="panelButton"
      width="200"
      height="200">
    </qx:button>
</qxt:component>

My Panel.xml code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<qxt:component
    xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
    xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
    xmlns:adv="adv4seller.*"
    className="adv4seller.Panel"
    author="Leandro Santiago">

    <qx:composite>
      <qx:vbox>
        <adv:panelButton label="Hello World">
        </adv:panelButton>
      </qx:vbox>
    </qx:composite>

</qxt:component>

Both of the files are in the adv4seller/ directory.

When I try to run the transform job, the generator returns an error:

Writing processed javascript to
/home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/PanelButton.js
[INFO] - Processing file
/home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/Panel.xml
[ERROR] - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
>>> Done

Why does it happen? There are any other configurations to use custom namespaces?

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

panyasan
Hi Leandro,

Siarhei, the author of QxTransformer, will certainly be able to help - but to make sure: you are using the trunk code from qooxdoo-contrib, aren't you?

Thanks,
C.

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Yes, I am. Is the current code from contrib. rev. 20600

2010/9/22 panyasan <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Leandro,
>
> Siarhei, the author of QxTransformer, will certainly be able to help - but
> to make sure: you are using the trunk code from qooxdoo-contrib, aren't you?
>
> Thanks,
> C.

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk

There is no additional configuration to use custom namespaces. I
really did not see any problems with your code.

I have replicated your example and I have no errors on transformation
stage. Please download my sample application and check it out, may be
your missed something.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions. You can see all
debug information if you change "QXT_VERBOSE": "main:INFO;dev:INFO;"
in config.json to
  "main:DEBUG;dev:INFO;" or even "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;". Please
forward a log file to me if you still have the issue.

Thanks,
Serge

adv4seller.zip (33K) Download Attachment

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk
Not sure you got a reply, it seems my sample app was banned by
security filter. Anyway, here is reply (sample app i'll send you
directly):

Hi,

panyasan
Maybe an LXML issue?

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Thx for your example. It works fine here.

But in my code it still doesn't work :-( I've copied the
PanelButton.xml and Panel.xml which you sent and put in my project.
I'm using QxTransformer from contrib repo.

I have the same error :-(

I've changed the config file with QXT_VERBOSE to "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;".

The last lines of the output are in:
http://pastebin.com/KEqBD1s8

And my config.json is in:
http://pastebin.com/a2rJg0UE

2010/9/22 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> There is no additional configuration to use custom namespaces. I really did
> not see any problems with your code.
>
> I have replicated your example and I have no errors on transformation stage.
> Please download my sample application and check it out, may be your missed
> something.
>
> Let me know if you have any problems or questions. You can see all debug
> information if you change "QXT_VERBOSE": "main:INFO;dev:INFO;" in
> config.json to
>  "main:DEBUG;dev:INFO;" or even "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;". Please forward a
> log file to me if you still have the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Serge
>

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 3:10 AM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>
>> Hello to all.
>>
>> I'm reading the bibliograph application and in it uses qxtransformer a
>> lot. In this app the author defines some custom namespaces. Im my app,
>> I'm creating a pane with some buttons.
>>
>> My button is named PanelButton and has this content:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>> <qxt:component
>>   xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
>>   xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
>>   className="adv4seller.PanelButton"
>>   author="Leandro Santiago"
>>   tagName="panelButton">
>>
>>   <qx:button id="panelButton"
>>     width="200"
>>     height="200">
>>   </qx:button>
>> </qxt:component>
>>
>> My Panel.xml code:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>> <qxt:component
>>   xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
>>   xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
>>   xmlns:adv="adv4seller.*"
>>   className="adv4seller.Panel"
>>   author="Leandro Santiago">
>>
>>   <qx:composite>
>>     <qx:vbox>
>>       <adv:panelButton label="Hello World">
>>       </adv:panelButton>
>>     </qx:vbox>
>>   </qx:composite>
>>
>> </qxt:component>
>>
>> Both of the files are in the adv4seller/ directory.
>>
>> When I try to run the transform job, the generator returns an error:
>>
>> Writing processed javascript to
>>
>> /home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/PanelButton.js
>> [INFO] - Processing file
>>
>> /home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/Panel.xml
>> [ERROR] - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

>> Why does it happen? There are any other configurations to use custom
>> namespaces?

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
LXML? What is it?

2010/9/22 panyasan <[hidden email]>:

> Maybe an LXML issue?

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk
lxml is a library for XML processing.I don't think that it's related
with lxml since my example is working fine in the same environment.

I'll take a look at your code later today.

Serge

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:

> LXML? What is it?
>
> 2010/9/22 panyasan <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Maybe an LXML issue?

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk

Could you please send me your sample project, I'll take a look into this? You config looks fine.

Cheers,
Serge

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:

> [...]
>>>   xmlns:adv="adv4seller.*"
>>>   className="adv4seller.Panel"
>>>   author="Leandro Santiago">
>>>
>>>   <qx:composite>
>>>     <qx:vbox>
>>>       <adv:panelButton label="Hello World">
>>>       </adv:panelButton>
>>>     </qx:vbox>
>>>   </qx:composite>
>>>
>>> </qxt:component>
>>>
>>> Both of the files are in the adv4seller/ directory.
>>>
>>> When I try to run the transform job, the generator returns an error:
>>>
>>> Writing processed javascript to
>>>
>>> /home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/PanelButton.js
>>> [INFO] - Processing file
>>>
>>> /home/tenchi/projects/adv4seller/interface/adv4seller/source/class/adv4seller/Panel.xml
>>> [ERROR] - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

>>> Why does it happen? There are any other configurations to use custom

Ok. I'm sending my complete project. It's in this link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/adv.tar.bz2

2010/9/23 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Could you please send me your sample project, I'll take a look into this? You config looks fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Serge
>
> On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>
>> Thx for your example. It works fine here.
>>
>> But in my code it still doesn't work :-( I've copied the
>> PanelButton.xml and Panel.xml which you sent and put in my project.
>> I'm using QxTransformer from contrib repo.
>>
>> I have the same error :-(
>>
>> I've changed the config file with QXT_VERBOSE to "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;".
>>
>> The last lines of the output are in:
>> http://pastebin.com/KEqBD1s8
>>
>> And my config.json is in:
>> http://pastebin.com/a2rJg0UE
>>
>> 2010/9/22 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is no additional configuration to use custom namespaces. I really did
>>> not see any problems with your code.
>>>
>>> I have replicated your example and I have no errors on transformation stage.
>>> Please download my sample application and check it out, may be your missed
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any problems or questions. You can see all debug
>>> information if you change "QXT_VERBOSE": "main:INFO;dev:INFO;" in
>>> config.json to
>>>  "main:DEBUG;dev:INFO;" or even "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;". Please forward a
>>> log file to me if you still have the issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Serge

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
So... have ou discoreved what is wrong in my code? Thx :-)

2010/9/23 Leandro Santiago <[hidden email]>:

> Ok. I'm sending my complete project. It's in this link:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/adv.tar.bz2
>
> 2010/9/23 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you please send me your sample project, I'll take a look into this? You config looks fine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Serge
>>
>> On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>>
>>> Thx for your example. It works fine here.
>>>
>>> But in my code it still doesn't work :-( I've copied the
>>> PanelButton.xml and Panel.xml which you sent and put in my project.
>>> I'm using QxTransformer from contrib repo.
>>>
>>> I have the same error :-(
>>>
>>> I've changed the config file with QXT_VERBOSE to "main:DEBUG;dev:DEBUG;".
>>>
>>> The last lines of the output are in:
>>> http://pastebin.com/KEqBD1s8
>>>
>>> And my config.json is in:
>>> http://pastebin.com/a2rJg0UE

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk
This is a problem with qxtransformer not with your code I believe. I'm working on it but cannot say how long it'll take.

Serge

On Sep 24, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:

> So... have ou discoreved what is wrong in my code? Thx :-)
>
> 2010/9/23 Leandro Santiago <[hidden email]>:
>> Ok. I'm sending my complete project. It's in this link:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/adv.tar.bz2
>>
>> 2010/9/23 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could you please send me your sample project, I'll take a look into this? You config looks fine.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Serge

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Good, I needed it working till next Monday :-) But there is no
problem. Right now I'm going to write my app in pure qooxdoo
javascript code.

Regards

2010/9/24 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:

> This is a problem with qxtransformer not with your code I believe. I'm working on it but cannot say how long it'll take.
>
> Serge
>
> On Sep 24, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>
>> So... have ou discoreved what is wrong in my code? Thx :-)
>>
>> 2010/9/23 Leandro Santiago <[hidden email]>:
>>> Ok. I'm sending my complete project. It's in this link:
>>>
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/adv.tar.bz2

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk
Finally. I found a problem. You used incorrect namespace urls in some of your components.

Please change ns definitions from

xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo/0.8"
  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension/0.4"

xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"

Please let me know how it goes on your side.

Serge

On Sep 24, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:

> Good, I needed it working till next Monday :-) But there is no
> problem. Right now I'm going to write my app in pure qooxdoo
> javascript code.
>
> Regards
>
> 2010/9/24 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>> This is a problem with qxtransformer not with your code I believe. I'm working on it but cannot say how long it'll take.
>>
>> Serge
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>>
>>> So... have ou discoreved what is wrong in my code? Thx :-)

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Has it worked to you? I modified the files with the correct namespaces
but it doesn't work yet :-(

Can you send me my project with your modifications?

Thank you for your attention.

2010/9/24 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:

> Finally. I found a problem. You used incorrect namespace urls in some of your components.
>
> Please change ns definitions from
>
> xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo/0.8"
>  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension/0.4"

> xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
>  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
>
> Please let me know how it goes on your side.
>
> Serge
>

> On Sep 24, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>
>> Good, I needed it working till next Monday :-) But there is no
>> problem. Right now I'm going to write my app in pure qooxdoo
>> javascript code.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> 2010/9/24 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>>> This is a problem with qxtransformer not with your code I believe. I'm working on it but cannot say how long it'll take.
>>>
>>> Serge

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Leandro Santiago
Here this project doesn't work yet.

The project works only when I remove the file adv4seller/Panel.xml

I've modified the files to current qx and qxt namespaces, but it still
returns the same error.

I'm think if the problem is caused because both Panel.xml and
PanelButton.xml are in the same directory. Maybe it causes a
"conflict" in QxTransformer.

Siarhei, are you still working on development of QxTransformer? Do you
pretend to release new versions? Something like a 0.5? There are plans
to future versions? A roadmap?

2010/9/24 Leandro Santiago <[hidden email]>:

> Has it worked to you? I modified the files with the correct namespaces
> but it doesn't work yet :-(
>
> Can you send me my project with your modifications?
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> 2010/9/24 Siarhei Barysiuk <[hidden email]>:
>> Finally. I found a problem. You used incorrect namespace urls in some of your components.
>>
>> Please change ns definitions from
>>
>> xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo/0.8"
>>  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension/0.4"

>> xmlns:qx="http://www.qxtransformer.org/qooxdoo"
>>  xmlns:qxt="http://www.qxtransformer.org/extension"
>>
>> Please let me know how it goes on your side.
>>
>> Serge
>>

>> On Sep 24, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Leandro Santiago wrote:
>>
>>> Good, I needed it working till next Monday :-) But there is no
>>> problem. Right now I'm going to write my app in pure qooxdoo
>>> javascript code.
>>>
>>> Regards

Re: QxTransformer custom namespaces

Siarhei Barysiuk
Hi,

Sorry for late reply, I have changed my computer just yesterday and now I have to install all needed software to check this.

Not sure that the problem is because Panel and PanelButton are in the same directory. So do you still have transformation error or problem with generated code?

Regarding future plans... I work and support the project only when I have time. I cannot commit to developing a new version, fixing bugs right away they appear, etc. It worked fined so far with Christian but it might not work for another people who are going to use qxtransformer. If you (or anyone else) are interested in developing and maintaining the project, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
Siarhei