Qooxdoo server deployment.

deniska
Hi, all.

So far I was writing greasemonkey scripts, using qooxdoo. Which means the scripts were injected into existing web page, without me having to actually deploy my code at server side. Now I'm wondering how deployment on the web server works.

Let's say I have a standard hosting with cPanel access. As I understand, all the development is done locally on my PC, what I deploy at server is only a script that qooxdoo generates for me. Is that correct? Can qooxdoo be easily deployed at standard cPanel access hosting, without needing anything special there?

Thanks in advance,
Denis.

Re: Qooxdoo server deployment.

John Spackman-3
Hi Denis

On your PC run "./generate.py build" and then you can copy the entire
"build" folder to your web server - it's a self contained distribution and
should "just work".

John

On 05/07/2012 10:26, "deniska" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi, all.
>
>So far I was writing greasemonkey scripts, using qooxdoo. Which means the
>scripts were injected into existing web page, without me having to
>actually
>deploy my code at server side. Now I'm wondering how deployment on the web
>server works.
>
>Let's say I have a standard hosting with cPanel access. As I understand,
>all
>the development is done locally on my PC, what I deploy at server is only
>script that qooxdoo generates for me. Is that correct? Can qooxdoo be
>easily
>deployed at standard cPanel access hosting, without needing anything
>special
>there?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Denis.

Re: Qooxdoo server deployment.

deniska
This post was updated on .
Great, thanks!

That's what I thought. After working with GM scripts I just fell in love with qooxdoo, so going to use it for my websites development :)