Quantcast

Qooxdoo generate doesn't support ... operator?

Qooxdoo generate doesn't support ... operator?

deniska
Hi, all.

I'm trying to generate my app and I'm getting this error message:

Unknown operator u'..' (pos (10, 12))

On the following line:

arr = [...arr];

Now I can get around this by wrapping this line with eval(), which gives me just a warning, but I would definitely love a more permanent solution for this.

Thanks,
Denis.

Re: Qooxdoo generate doesn't support ... operator?

Reed
That's the "Spread operator" in ES6. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Spread_operator

Without context, I'd guess this line is attempting to convert a generic Iterableobject (maybe arguments) into an Array. If arr is already type Array then this statement should be idempotent.

This helps identify Denis's issue but does not help solve it.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Derrell Lipman <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is the ellipsis? Is that something in ES6? What does that statement mean?

Derrell

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:58 AM deniska <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm trying to generate my app and I'm getting this error message:

Unknown operator u'..' (pos (10, 12))

On the following line:

arr = [...arr];

Now I can get around this by wrapping this line with eval(), which gives me
just a warning, but I would definitely love a more permanent solution for
this.

Thanks,
Denis.

Re: Qooxdoo generate doesn't support ... operator?

Derrell Lipman
Ah, ok. So the problem here is that the qooxdoo generate.py utility does not recognize ES6, and thus the error.

Someone is working on a pure-JavaScript replacement to the generator (@johnspackman maybe?) which might support ES6. Hopefully whoever that is can comment. Otherwise, you may need to replace your ES6 statements with more traditional JavaScript so that generate.py groks it.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 10:19 AM Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

John Spackman
Derrell’s right, it’s the generator’s parser that’s objecting.  If you can try qxcompiler, please do so and I’ll help you out as much as possible to get it working.

It’s still beta officially, but there’s a rather long discussion here that covers the how to get started:

Regards
John Spackman

On 5 May 2016 at 15:32:16, Derrell Lipman ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Hello.

Sorry for getting MIA for a while, didn't have time to check in. As I already said, I have a workaround for that using eval(), so it's not really a showstopper for me.

I'll check out the new build procedure when I have time, thanks!