Quantcast

Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

bharath
Hello there,

It appears that lot of documentation pages and api viewers of older Qooxdoo version are removed. I was trying to find api viewer for Qooxdoo 3.0.1 version (Api Viewer ), which I bookmarked, but unfortunately all I see is "oops ... this page does not exist".

I have also bookmarked several other pages like the page which explains migration Qoodoo to 3.x (link). All of them are gone

Will these pages be restored at some point soon? Those pages were really helpful and I hope they are not removed permanently.

Regards,
Bharath

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

oetiker
hi bharath

in the transition to the new infrastructure we only kept the last bugfixed relese of each series

I will put some links in place ... to make the old urls work again

try 3.0.2

cheers
tobi

Tobias Oetiker
[hidden email]
062 775 9902

> On 22.07.2016, at 11:55, bharath <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello there,
>
> It appears that lot of documentation pages and api viewers of older Qooxdoo
> version are removed. I was trying to find api viewer for Qooxdoo 3.0.1
> version ( Api Viewer <http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/apiviewer/#qx>  ), which
> I bookmarked, but unfortunately all I see is "oops ... this page does not
> exist".
>
> I have also bookmarked several other pages like the page which explains
> migration Qoodoo to 3.x ( link
> <http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html>  ).
> All of them are gone
>
> Will these pages be restored at some point soon? Those pages were really
> helpful and I hope they are not removed permanently.
>
> Regards,
> Bharath

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

Cajus Pollmeier
Hi Bharath,

I personally tend to not restore them all. We've the latest major
version copied over from 1&1.

3.x is rather old now. Maybe it would be better to migrate the code to
5.x in order to have top of the line browser support.

But - maybe you can't for whatever reasons. I also have such projects
around ;-)

What you can do:

* use 3.0.2 links
  http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.2/apiviewer/#qx
  http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.2

* generate the stuff you need locally

  $ cd framework && ./generate.py api
  $ cd api && python -mSimpleHTTPServer

  Browser to the port displayed on the CLI, and there is
  your API browser.

  For the docs, you need sphinx if you've a bare checkout. If
  you don't have one, the manual should be pre-generated in the
  framework tarball.

  You can just move the documentation/manual directory to your
  favorite webserver or start the above "python -mSimpleHTTPServer"
  in it.

HTH,
Cajus

Am Freitag, den 22.07.2016, 02:55 -0700 schrieb bharath:

> Hello there,
>
> It appears that lot of documentation pages and api viewers of older
> Qooxdoo
> version are removed. I was trying to find api viewer for Qooxdoo
> 3.0.1
> version ( Api Viewer <http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/apiviewer/#qx>  ),
> which
> I bookmarked, but unfortunately all I see is "oops ... this page does
> not
> exist".
>
> I have also bookmarked several other pages like the page which
> explains
> migration Qoodoo to 3.x ( link
> <http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.ht
> ml>  ).
> All of them are gone
>
> Will these pages be restored at some point soon? Those pages were
> really
> helpful and I hope they are not removed permanently.
>
> Regards,
> Bharath

> -----------
> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and
> protocols are
> consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for
> NetFlow,
> planning
> reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

oetiker
Update ... the old urls get redirected to the latest release now

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

oetiker
Hi Bharath

I have put a redirector in place to automatically send you to the 'latest'
branch version ...

cheers
tobi

3.0.2 api viewers works. Thanks a lot!

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

bharath
Hi Cajus,

I cannot migrate to 5.x unfortunately. We had two applications with 2.x and we successfully migrated one of them to 3.x, and we are planning to do the same with another application.

We only had to do minor changes while migrating from 2.x to 3.x (changing the code for decorators etc). We are worried we might have to update too much code if we migrate to 5.x. I shall give it a try and check the migration log, but I am afraid I can't make the final call here

Many thanks for the links and additional suggestions.

Regards,
Bharath

Re: Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions

oetiker
Bharath

upgrades there has not been any really disruptive changes ....

cheers
tobi