Qookery version 0.1 released

George Nikolaidis
Hi all,

A new version of Qookery, our open-source declarative UI building tool,
has been released.

We have been busy improving all parts of it:

- Components are now matching the Qooxdoo API very closely, for example
element and attribute names are one-to-one mappings with class and
property names of QX

- We provide extension projects for ACE (http://ace.c9.io), FullCalendar
(http://fullcalendar.io) and CKeditor (http://ckeditor.com)
XML namespaces allow forms to be enriched with custom components from
other projects

- Libraries provide a way to define external JS and CSS files and load
them on demand, respecting load order and dependencies

- The new concept of services allows singleton classes to be accessed
easily by the XML authors

- The codebase is cleaner with a JSDoc and XSD documentation in
progress, checkstyle cleanups and an ANT build system

Today we migrated the code repository from Google Code to GitHub and
pushed 83 commits to its master branch. The live demo at
http://www.qookery.org has also been updated.

Hoping that Qookery can become as useful to you as it has been to us, I
will be happy to receive comments and feedback from any interested
developer.

--
George Nikolaidis ([hidden email])
MEng, MSc Information Systems

Re: Qookery version 0.1 released

panyasan
Hi,

very cool project!

If I understand correctly, this is a client-side ui-generation tool, i.e. the widgets are produced on-demand (the defunct QxTransformer project translated xml into javascript code on the server). Which is great, since it allows for a playground and does not require a compilation step.

Good luck with the project and I am looking forward to trying it out.

Re: Qookery version 0.1 released

panyasan
Me again: this is awesome. But you need to publish a bit more documentation:

- how do I install qookery?
- how do I use qookery in my qooxdoo project?

This is not clear (at least, on first sight) from the webpage and/or the github page.

thanks!

Re: Qookery version 0.1 released

George Nikolaidis
Dear Phyo,

We have written a small "Getting Started" tutorial, it should not take
more that 5 minutes to complete.

http://www.qookery.org/portal/qookery/en/getting-started

We also managed to package Qookery as a downloadable contribution, all
you have to do to use it is to add

"manifest":
"https://github.com/ergobyte/qookery/releases/download/0.1/qookery.json"

in the libraries section of your project's config.json

Regards,
George