Quantcast

Problem with 'keypress' event on child control

Problem with 'keypress' event on child control

Kamil Kukura
I want to have my DateField form control that reacts on Enter key. The
problem is whenever it losts focus using Tab key, there are no more
keyboard events. When I switch between fields with mouse, it's working.

Here's the example: http://jdem.cz/bu53a6

Re: Problem with 'keypress' event on child control

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Kamil,

try the 'keydown" event instead:

http://tinyurl.com/gs8uxvk

I don't know why keypress is not working, butt keydown does.

Am 28.12.2015 um 12:44 schrieb Kamil Kukura:

> I want to have my DateField form control that reacts on Enter key. The
> problem is whenever it losts focus using Tab key, there are no more
> keyboard events. When I switch between fields with mouse, it's working.
>
> Here's the example: http://jdem.cz/bu53a6

Re: Problem with 'keypress' event on child control

Kamil Kukura
Hi,
that didn't work for me either. I've tried Chrome and Firefox (on Mac
platform). However, I realized that events are bubbling up, so listening
directly on qx.ui.form.Spinner control works okay.