On a personal note

thron7
With the holiday season approaching, and the end of the year, this is
a personal note from me.

After nearly 7 years I’m leaving the core development team of qooxdoo.
It has been a hell of a ride. Time was flying, and all the way I felt
there was so much coming around the next corner I almost forgot
breathing.

qooxdoo has always been an exciting project, and the fun thing is
after so many years since its inception it still is. When back then
Ajax brought an entirely new breath to web development everybody is
now going crazy about JavaScript in general, in the browser, on the
server, on the command line, on all kinds of desktops and mobile
devices. The trident of HTML, CSS and JavaScript has made so many
inroads nobody could have predicted when the project started.

But time has come for me to step back and take on a new challenge.
qooxdoo and 1&1 have been a great environment to push the envelope and
I’m grateful for the time here, but now I go to explore new things. To
the project and its community I say: All the best, guys, way to go!

Thomas

Re: On a personal note

cyrillerigault
Hello Thomas,

As a Qooxdoo user who appreciate many aspects of this framework/library, I would like to thank you very much about the great job that has been done and your support. I understand that after 7 years working on the same project and the same environment, you want to see new things. So good luck to you, and once again, as recognition is a nice to have, I give you mine and to all the people involved in this project.

Best regards,

Cyrille Rigault

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM, thron7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

John Spackman-3
Damn time flies when you're having fun!  Good luck Thomas, all the best
for the future.  What's your new project?

John

On 19/12/2013 11:49, "thron7" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>With the holiday season approaching, and the end of the year, this is
>a personal note from me.
>
>After nearly 7 years I¹m leaving the core development team of qooxdoo.
>It has been a hell of a ride. Time was flying, and all the way I felt
>there was so much coming around the next corner I almost forgot
>breathing.
>
>qooxdoo has always been an exciting project, and the fun thing is
>after so many years since its inception it still is. When back then
>Ajax brought an entirely new breath to web development everybody is
>now going crazy about JavaScript in general, in the browser, on the
>server, on the command line, on all kinds of desktops and mobile
>devices. The trident of HTML, CSS and JavaScript has made so many
>inroads nobody could have predicted when the project started.
>
>But time has come for me to step back and take on a new challenge.
>qooxdoo and 1&1 have been a great environment to push the envelope and
>I¹m grateful for the time here, but now I go to explore new things. To
>the project and its community I say: All the best, guys, way to go!
>
>Thomas

>----
>Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into
>your
>Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics
>Pro!
>http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktr

Re: On a personal note

Jeroen Smit-2
I wish you all the best and thanks for all the support, work and fixes over the years!

-- Jeroen

Re: On a personal note

thron7
Thanks for all the good wishes. For those who care, I'll be joining a
project working on a clinical information system.

T.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Jeroen Smit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wish you all the best and thanks for all the support, work and fixes over the years!
>
> -- Jeroen

Defero
I wish you best of luck in your new adventures

Re: On a personal note

franck34
Many thanks for many things Thomas, good continuation !

2013/12/31 Defero <[hidden email]>
I wish you best of luck in your new adventures

Re: On a personal note

panyasan
Thomas:

thank you very much for your excellent work on qooxdoo (especially the tool chain), and for the always helpful and detailed support you've given to us users over the years. I hope to be able to return to qooxdoo development some time this year. If that works out, I will surely miss your advice when I run into problems!

Christian