New qooxdoo application

Norbert Schröder

Hello,

I wanted to let you know about a new qooxdoo application which went online
just a few hours ago:

http://www.di-lemmata.de di-lemmata  is a new project targeted at scholars
of German literature. It combines linguistic concepts with modern
programming techniques in order to enhance and support research in the field
of literary studies. di-lemmata's  http://www.di-lemmata.de/lib library
application  has been completely implemented in qooxdoo (0.7.3) and
currently covers the lyrical works of 11 German speaking poets (from Goethe
to Trakl).

The application features

- linguistically prepared text corpora
- lemmatized word lists
- a comprehensive concordancing program
- unrivaled comparison functions on vocabulary level

Although the HTML pages of the project are in German the GUI of the qooxdoo
application is also available in English and Russian.

Many thanks to all developers and the whole qooxdoo community for this
awesome application framework and your excelllent support.

Cheers,

  Norbert

PS: Bug reports etc. are always welcome.

Re: New qooxdoo application

Mr. Hericus
Hi Norbert,

This is a very nice looking application.  I really like the themes that
you have applied to it and I really like the pop-up help browser that
shows how to navigate around the application.

Very well done!

Mr. Hericus
[hidden email]
http://www.hericus.com/

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 11:50 -0700, nschroeder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to let you know about a new qooxdoo application which went online
> just a few hours ago:
>
> http://www.di-lemmata.de di-lemmata  is a new project targeted at scholars
> of German literature. It combines linguistic concepts with modern
> programming techniques in order to enhance and support research in the field
> of literary studies. di-lemmata's  http://www.di-lemmata.de/lib library
> application  has been completely implemented in qooxdoo (0.7.3) and
> currently covers the lyrical works of 11 German speaking poets (from Goethe
> to Trakl).
>
> The application features
>
> - linguistically prepared text corpora
> - lemmatized word lists
> - a comprehensive concordancing program
> - unrivaled comparison functions on vocabulary level
>
> Although the HTML pages of the project are in German the GUI of the qooxdoo
> application is also available in English and Russian.
>
> Many thanks to all developers and the whole qooxdoo community for this
> awesome application framework and your excelllent support.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Norbert
>
> PS: Bug reports etc. are always welcome.

Re: New qooxdoo application

Andreas Ecker
Hi Norbert,

thanks for sharing the info about your app with the qooxdoo community.
It looks great, feels fast and I particularly like the interface in 3
different languages. ;-)

I'm pretty sure you've seen another "literature-oriented" qooxdoo app,
called "Bilbiograph" by Christian Boulanger:
http://qooxdoo.org/community/real_life_examples#bibliographonline_bibliographic_data_manager
If not, you should check it out.

Bye,

Andreas

--
Andreas Ecker
Project Lead

Re: New qooxdoo application

Hugh Gibson-2
> http://www.di-lemmata.de di-lemmata  is a new project targeted at
> scholars of German literature.

I'm using IE7 in XP with script debugging turned on, and get an error
when I click on an author:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 27367
Error: 'prop' is undefined
---------------------------
Yes   No
---------------------------

The actual code where this failed is an anonymous function:

function anonymous(value) {
if(value===undefined)prop.error(this,2,"content","set",value);this.__user$
content=value;return value;
}

One level up the stack frame has code:

case $[13]:case $[48]:case $[35]:case $[42]:var
$2=this.getImplementation();
if(!$2){break;
}
if(this.hasEventListeners($0)){var $3=new qx.io.remote.Response($0);
if($0==$[13]){var $4=$2.getResponseContent();
$3.setContent($4);
if($4===null){{};
$0=$[42];
}}$3.setStatusCode($2.getStatusCode());
$3.setResponseHeaders($2.getResponseHeaders());
this.dispatchEvent($3);
}this.setImplementation(null);

The line being executed is $3.setContent($4). $4 is undefined. This is
from qx.io.Exchange.js, line 872. "value" is "completed".

URL of the request is "utils/checknames.php"
korpuskey is "ROOT|150"
responseText of the corresponding request is undefined. responseBody is
an array containing 239, 187, 191.

Hope you can fix it :-)

Hugh

Re: New qooxdoo application

Norbert Schröder

Hi Hugh,

thanks a lot for your bug report. I found the problem - and fixed it :-)

I don't use IE very much and didn't realize that there appears to be a
difference in qooxdoo's handling of empty results from qx.io.remote.Request.
In IE 7 this produces a timeout while Firefox (at least) accepts empty
strings without any complaints.

Cheers,

  Norbert