Need advice on GUI model

deniska
Hi, all.

I need advice on how to implement the GUI for the data structure I have.

Basically I have 2 tables, one contains data, second one is kind of "scheduling" table, which means I need to "schedule" the data from first table by dropping it in a cell on a second table. Now as far as I could find, drag and drop on table/treevirtual works in row context only. Moreover there's no possibility to select a single cell at all.

So is it possible to implement something like that in qooxdoo 1.5?

Thanks in advance,
Denis.

P.S.

1.5 is kinda constraint for me, since I write addons for existing web pages, which use 1.5

Re: Need advice on GUI model

deniska
So I guess this is not possible?

Re: Need advice on GUI model

MartinWittemann
Hey,
> I need advice on how to implement the GUI for the data structure I have.
>
> Basically I have 2 tables, one contains data, second one is kind of
> "scheduling" table, which means I need to "schedule" the data from first
> table by dropping it in a cell on a second table. Now as far as I could
> find, drag and drop on table/treevirtual works in row context only. Moreover
> there's no possibility to select a single cell at all.
>
> So is it possible to implement something like that in qooxdoo 1.5?

Sure, somehow everything is possible but that would be a looooooot of work. You would have to rewrite a huge part of the tabel to make the selection available on cells.

Sorry but don't have a better answer for you.

Regards,
Martin

Re: Need advice on GUI model

deniska
Thanks.

Can I at least see qooxdoo classes code somehow? Would need to check how table implemented to inherit and add functionality I need.

Re: Need advice on GUI model

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Sure, qooxdoo is open source and included in the SDK you sure use. All code can also be found on github:

Am 24.07.2012 um 12:15 schrieb deniska:

Thanks.

Can I at least see qooxdoo classes code somehow? Would need to check how
table implemented to inherit and add functionality I need.

Re: Need advice on GUI model

Thomas Herchenroeder
For quick checks you can also use the Apiviewer: In every class documentation, the class name in the heading is linked to its source code on Github.

T.

On 07/24/2012 12:52 PM, Martin Wittemann wrote:
Sure, qooxdoo is open source and included in the SDK you sure use. All code can also be found on github:

Am 24.07.2012 um 12:15 schrieb deniska:

Thanks.

Can I at least see qooxdoo classes code somehow? Would need to check how
table implemented to inherit and add functionality I need.

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: Need advice on GUI model

deniska
Actually it looks like it's possible to kinda select a table cell, with showCellFocusIndicator property of table. The question now if there's a way to know what cell I'll be drag & dropping to in a second table.