More on TileView contrib

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

More on TileView contrib

Noggin182
Hi All,
A few people asked for some images/demos of my TileView widget. I've
started the documentation on http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview 
and there is also a demo online at
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview that shows the TileView
widget and how it can also be used with the standard List and ListItem.

Enjoy!
Matt


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Gaetan de Menten
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 13:42, Matthew Gregory
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> A few people asked for some images/demos of my TileView widget. I've
> started the documentation on http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview
> and there is also a demo online at
> http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview that shows the TileView
> widget and how it can also be used with the standard List and ListItem.

Looks great. Thanks for the demo. Here are a few suggestions though:
- correct movement through keys: in the TileView with TileViewItem
example, if you hit the "down" key, it moves right, and if you hit
"right", it doesn't move.
- add scrollbars on the TileView if all the content can't be displayed
(this is the case on my screen).

Keep up the good work,
--
Gaëtan de Menten
http://openhex.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Noggin182
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback,
I was aware of both of these issues, but hadn't recorded them anywhere
so thanks for the reminder!

I've update to wiki to include the following:

========================================================================
Known Issues/Planned Improvements

     * Scrollbars don’t work (waiting for 0.8.1 and subsequent update in
FlowLayout)
     * Cursor keys do not behave logically
     * Would be nice to allow icon overlays to show some kind of status,
similar to SVN.
========================================================================

Any other suggestions welcome!
Thanks,
Matt



Gaetan de Menten wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 13:42, Matthew Gregory
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> A few people asked for some images/demos of my TileView widget. I've
>> started the documentation on http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview
>> and there is also a demo online at
>> http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview that shows the TileView
>> widget and how it can also be used with the standard List and ListItem.
>
> Looks great. Thanks for the demo. Here are a few suggestions though:
> - correct movement through keys: in the TileView with TileViewItem
> example, if you hit the "down" key, it moves right, and if you hit
> "right", it doesn't move.
> - add scrollbars on the TileView if all the content can't be displayed
> (this is the case on my screen).
>
> Keep up the good work,


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Petr Kobalíček
Hi Matthew,

thank you for your work:)

Is any chance to use new implementation of heightForWidth before
friday ? This should enable scrollbars;)

I can look at keyboard handling, moving to left / right should be
remapped from up / down and calculating up / down costant should be
very simple in cases that width is constant (and if I good understand
it, it is constant)

Cheers
- Petr

2008/12/1 Matthew Gregory <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the feedback,
> I was aware of both of these issues, but hadn't recorded them anywhere
> so thanks for the reminder!
>
> I've update to wiki to include the following:
>
> ========================================================================
> Known Issues/Planned Improvements
>
>     * Scrollbars don't work (waiting for 0.8.1 and subsequent update in
> FlowLayout)
>     * Cursor keys do not behave logically
>     * Would be nice to allow icon overlays to show some kind of status,
> similar to SVN.
> ========================================================================
>
> Any other suggestions welcome!
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
>
>
> Gaetan de Menten wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 13:42, Matthew Gregory
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> A few people asked for some images/demos of my TileView widget. I've
>>> started the documentation on http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview
>>> and there is also a demo online at
>>> http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/tileview that shows the TileView
>>> widget and how it can also be used with the standard List and ListItem.
>>
>> Looks great. Thanks for the demo. Here are a few suggestions though:
>> - correct movement through keys: in the TileView with TileViewItem
>> example, if you hit the "down" key, it moves right, and if you hit
>> "right", it doesn't move.
>> - add scrollbars on the TileView if all the content can't be displayed
>> (this is the case on my screen).
>>
>> Keep up the good work,
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Andreas Ecker
In reply to this post by Noggin182
Hi Matt,

congrats, your TileView is really nice. :-)

> Hi,
> Thanks for the feedback,
> I was aware of both of these issues, but hadn't recorded them anywhere
> so thanks for the reminder!
>
> I've update to wiki to include the following:
>
> ========================================================================
> Known Issues/Planned Improvements
>
>      * Scrollbars don’t work (waiting for 0.8.1 and subsequent update in
> FlowLayout)
>      * Cursor keys do not behave logically
>      * Would be nice to allow icon overlays to show some kind of status,
> similar to SVN.
> ========================================================================

I'd suggest to file "real" bug reports into qooxdoo's Bugzilla. You can
easily reference other bugs in there, that either belong to the
framework or other contribs you might depend on.

Projects in qooxdoo-contrib are "first-class citizens" that are supposed
to take advantage of the existing infrastructure (SVN, wiki, etc.).

See the wiki code at http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#tileview
for some handy interwiki links, that you could also add to your TileView
homepage if you like:

[[ContribReportBug>TileView|Report Bug]]
lets you easily enter bugs for your contribution, and is expanded to
http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=contrib&component=TileView

[[ContribShowBugs>TileView|Show Bugs]]
searches for any open bugs

If you like to read more about interwiki support, see
http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/general/wiki_interwiki


Hope you like the infrastructure we provide for contributions? We'd like
to improve it further, so any feedback and collaboration is appreciated.

Bye,

Andreas



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Noggin182
In reply to this post by Petr Kobalíček
Petr Kobalíc(ek wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> thank you for your work:)

Your Welcome :)

> Is any chance to use new implementation of heightForWidth before
> friday ? This should enable scrollbars;)

Yes this is now done. It took me a while to get it working, I had to
setAllowShrinkY(false) for it work. Simple change but took me most of
the day crawling through code to figure out!

This is checked in and a new copy is on
http://www.noggin182.com/qooxdoo/tileviewexample/build

> I can look at keyboard handling, moving to left / right should be
> remapped from up / down and calculating up / down costant should be
> very simple in cases that width is constant (and if I good understand
> it, it is constant)

That would be good, not sure when I would get time to look at this. I
had hoped to be able to work with Chris to get the FlowLayout to be able
to arrange it's children vertically as well as horizontally. This should
be taken into account when handling keys, I had imagined something like
this:

on key press
   if key = right
     childIndex += horizontal ? 1 : numChildrenInCol
   else if key = left
     childIndex -= horizontal ? 1 : numChildrenInCol
   else if key = up
     childIndex -= horizontal ? numChildrenInRow : 1
   else if key = down
     childIndex += horizontal ? numChildrenInRow : 1


> Cheers
> - Petr
>


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More on TileView contrib

Noggin182
In reply to this post by Andreas Ecker

Andreas Ecker wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> congrats, your TileView is really nice. :-)

Thanks!


> I'd suggest to file "real" bug reports into qooxdoo's Bugzilla. You can
> easily reference other bugs in there, that either belong to the
> framework or other contribs you might depend on.

OK, I've done this for the key handling one but have left the wish list
on the wiki.

> Projects in qooxdoo-contrib are "first-class citizens" that are supposed
> to take advantage of the existing infrastructure (SVN, wiki, etc.).
>
> See the wiki code at http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#tileview
> for some handy interwiki links, that you could also add to your TileView
> homepage if you like:
>
> [[ContribReportBug>TileView|Report Bug]]
> lets you easily enter bugs for your contribution, and is expanded to
> http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=contrib&component=TileView
>
> [[ContribShowBugs>TileView|Show Bugs]]
> searches for any open bugs
>
> If you like to read more about interwiki support, see
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/general/wiki_interwiki

Thanks, I've added some links for searching and reporting bugs


> Hope you like the infrastructure we provide for contributions? We'd like
> to improve it further, so any feedback and collaboration is appreciated.

Two suggestions:
1.) I think it would be nice if there was a template to use for contrib
wiki pages. Some contribs have one page with everything on and some are
spread over several pages. A template that we could use should help give
a more consitent feel and also give people an idea what is expecting to
be included.

2.) A version of the demo browser for contrib projects would be really
welcome. Perhaps we create a script to compile a demo browser for all
contrib projects that have (for example) a 'demo' folder.

Thanks for the help,
Matt

> Bye,
>
> Andreas
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel