Mobile app: phone/tablet menu button

Frédéric
Hi!

On my mobile application, when using a desktop/tablet device, I do have a
"Main menu" button automatically added to the detail pages. But when using
a phone device, this button does not appear. Why?

In my code, I use this for the routing (from mobile showcase example):

  if (qx.core.Environment.get("device.type") == "tablet" ||
      qx.core.Environment.get("device.type") == "desktop") {
    this.getRouting().onGet("/.*", this._show, this._menuPage);
    this.getRouting().onGet("/", this._show, this._defaultWidgetsPage);
  }
  else {
    this.getRouting().onGet("/", this._show, this._menuPage);
  }

this._menuPage is the master page, and this._defaultWidgetsPage is the
page I want to be displayed at first, beside the menu page, when using a
tablet....

--
    Frédéric

Re: Mobile app: phone/tablet menu button

Andreas Parusel
Hi,

isn’t qx.ui.mobile.page.Manager with it's master/detail views already doing what you want?

Have a look at the mobileshowcase (available under the demos section at qooxdoo.org) and visit it with either a tablet and a phone.

If I understood your problem correctly, it is something that;s working out of the box. If not, please clarify your issue by a minimal playground example.

Cheers,
Andreas

Le Tuesday 10 March 2015, Andreas a écrit :

> isn’t qx.ui.mobile.page.Manager with it's master/detail views already
> doing what you want?
>
> Have a look at the mobileshowcase (available under the demos section
> at qooxdoo.org<http://qooxdoo.org>) and visit it with either a tablet
> and a phone.
>
> If I understood your problem correctly, it is something that;s
> working out of the box. If not, please clarify your issue by a
> minimal playground example.

As said, I used the code from the mobile showcase.

I just checked online, and it behaves as I described: when switching to
a phone device (I'm using an agent switcher in chrome), there is not
more button leading to the master page from the detail pages; only the
back button, which is added specifically, and which is not exactly the
same when you have more than 1 level deep detail pages.

--
    Frédéric