Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

rsantiagopaz
Hi.

From the qooxdoo 2.x version, I have problems with firebug. I get dozens, hundreds of different and variable warnings and errors when the navigator is loading the compiled applicattion (source-all and source, not with build).
I use windows xp, firefox 16.0.2, firebug 1.10.6, xampp 1.8.1.
Does anyone have this problem? How can I solve this problem?

(sorry the english)

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

Thomas Herchenroeder
Well, could you give a few samples of such warnings?!

T.

rsantiagopaz

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

Thomas Herchenroeder

On 11/22/2012 08:10 AM, rsantiagopaz wrote:
The deprecation warnings (yellow) are ok.
The missing image warnings are not ok.
The errors about invalid include or extend keys in framework classes are
not ok.

But these images appear to be fom different runs of the application.

Which is the latest? If it is qooxdoo4.jpg then everything is fine.
5.jpg is not ok because of the missing images.

1,2,3 and 6.jpg are not ok because of missing framework classes. The
weird thing is that some are found (like qx.Class) while others are not
(e.g. qx.core.Object).

Did you take the screenshots in order? What did you do in between?

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

On 11/21/2012 04:03 AM, rsantiagopaz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> >From the qooxdoo 2.x version, I have problems with firebug. I get dozens,

What does "2.x" means exactly? Which qooxdoo SDK have you downloaded?
Please run 'generate.py info' in your skeleton app and post the output.

I also see that your running the source version from a local web server.
Make sure you read and understood [1]. Have you tried opening the app
directly from the file system?

T.

[1]
http://qooxdoo.org/docs/general/snippets#running_a_source_version_from_a_web_server

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

fritz
And did you do a

generate.py dist-clean

and/or

generate.py migration

(in case your application was originally implemented with an earlier
Qooxdoo version)?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, thron7 wrote:

> On 11/21/2012 04:03 AM, rsantiagopaz wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>>> From the qooxdoo 2.x version, I have problems with firebug. I get dozens,
>
> What does "2.x" means exactly? Which qooxdoo SDK have you downloaded?
> Please run 'generate.py info' in your skeleton app and post the output.
>
> I also see that your running the source version from a local web server.
> Make sure you read and understood [1]. Have you tried opening the app
> directly from the file system?
>
> T.
>
> [1]
> http://qooxdoo.org/docs/general/snippets#running_a_source_version_from_a_web_server

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

rsantiagopaz
- But these images appear to be fom different runs of the application.

Thats the point. Everytime I press F5 or click reload, I get different behavior. Sometimes run ok without any warning or error, but 80-90% I get some error. Sometimes a few, sometimes hundreds, sometimes only warnings.

- What does "2.x" means exactly?

I was working/playing around with Qooxdoo since 0.8.x version. I have many applications 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 versions working very fine. I work in the same way with all versions. But I have this problem since 2.x (2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.1). With all previous versions I still working very well.

- Make sure you read and understood [1]. ...
I didn't know this.
But, again, with all previous versions, working in the same way, I never never get any problem.

On 11/22/2012 12:16 PM, rsantiagopaz wrote:
> - But these images appear to be fom different runs of the application.
>
> Thats the point. Everytime I press F5 or click reload, I get different
> behavior. Sometimes run ok without any warning or error, but 80-90% I get
> some error. Sometimes a few, sometimes hundreds, sometimes only warnings.

This is very strange! I never heard of such effects just by reloading
the app. Again, at least one of the screenshots was perfectly ok
(qooxdoo4.jpg). So if you did never change anything in between taking
these screenshots, this only means something with the runtime
environment (web server, browser, firebug, ...) takes an effect.

Could you re-test this, but instead of just pressing F5 delete your
entire browser cache each time, and then reload the app?!

Also, disable Firebug, and try the reload testing again.

See if this changes things.

> - What does "2.x" means exactly?
>
> I was working/playing around with Qooxdoo since 0.8.x version. I have many
> applications 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 versions working very fine. I work in the
> same way with all versions. But I have this problem since 2.x (2.0, 2.0.1,
> 2.0.2 and 2.1). With all previous versions I still working very well.

Is this still true? Do you have those older apps still around, so you
could try them with the same Firefox/Firebug installation?

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

rsantiagopaz
- this only means something with the runtime environment (web server, browser, firebug, ...) takes an effect.

really, I suspect all this is a firebug problem.
But I need to ask you, to this forum. Maybe somebody known something about.
It is also strange that this happens only with 2.x versions.

- Could you re-test this, but instead of just pressing F5 delete your
entire browser cache each time, and then reload the app?!
Also, disable Firebug, and try the reload testing again.
See if this changes things.

Yes. I was trying all. But, with Firebug activated + 2.x, always have problem.

- Is this still true?

Yes. I work every day with 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 versions applicattions.
Now I am doing some modifications to 1.4 application. And compile/run without any problem.

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

rsantiagopaz
Hi (sorry the english)

Only to inform: I informed this years ago. The problems inexplicably dissapear. Maybe a automatic update from firebug or firefox, I dont know.

Now I using qooxdoo 4.x and 5.x. Yesterday the problem appear again inexplicably. Past week I work fine without any problem and Im not change anything in my environment.
http://imgur.com/W1mW7m2
http://imgur.com/23ihSZr

At the same time, yesterday, a 4.x build application in my client, in his local network and PCs, show a strange bug.
The application, without any change, run very fine the all the last year.
http://imgur.com/pECrCRW

Maybe all must be linked, but I don't imagine a solution

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

Andreas Ecker-2
Hi,

as the issues you describe happen only randomly, it looks like problems in
your local setup.

>Only to inform: I informed this years ago. The problems inexplicably
>dissapear. Maybe a automatic update from firebug or firefox, I dont know.

What if you disable/close Firebug?
What if you start FF in safe-mode, with all extensions disabled?
What happens in non-Firefox browsers?

>Now I using qooxdoo 4.x and 5.x. Yesterday the problem appear again
>inexplicably. Past week I work fine without any problem and Im not change
>anything in my environment.
>http://imgur.com/W1mW7m2
>http://imgur.com/23ihSZr

The individual source files don¹t seem to load properly, i.e. completely
and in order.

Clean the entire cache with generate.py distclean
Rebuild development version with generate.py source

Reset your web browser (cleaning its cache, config, etc.)
Are you using some web proxy in between (maybe transparently, so you don¹t
know of)?
What about the browser cache - clean it.

Observe if source files load properly (i.e. network tab in your dev tools)

>At the same time, yesterday, a 4.x build application in my client, in his
>local network and PCs, show a strange bug.
>The application, without any change, run very fine the all the last year.
>http://imgur.com/pECrCRW

Strange, but that also looks like some incorrect response data from the
server. You could also regenerate the client¹s app with some optimizations
turned off (i.e. ³private² optimization).

>Maybe all must be linked, but I don't imagine a solution

Try to reproduce in a environment, as simplified and clean as possible.
Good luck,

Andreas

Re: Many problems with firebug, 2.x version.

rsantiagopaz
Hi.
Forget about the first problem with Firebug, I think is local problem too, some firefox/firebug detail. Years ago I was trying all tips you saying me, but the problem persist. Forget about.

The second problem, I can confirm is the new Firefox 41.0.1.
Using the same old 4.x build, the new firefox throw some errors and crash. Version 40.0.3 work fine.
With Chrome work fine.
I will test source, find any problem, change, recompile, trying with the new firefox version.

thank you.