Login window

kay

Login window

kay
Hi there,

I want to make a Login window a main window,after users logged in I want them to be redirected to the Main window ,I dont know how to do that. can someone help

Re: Login window

Alexander Steitz
Hi,

there are basically two strategies to implement a login window with the "real" application behind it.

Either you create a HTML login page and after the user has logged in you redirect him to the application

or

you split up your application in so-called "parts" to minimize the code size of the login form and load the application parts afterwards without having to redirect to a new page.

The first strategy is faster to implement and you can create your application as one and just put an extra HTML page in front of it.

The second strategy is a more advanced one and you have to learn how the "Parts system" in qooxdoo works.
-> http://manual.qooxdoo.org/devel/pages/development.html#parts

Keep in mind that loading up the UI widget layer "just" for showing two textfields and a login button is a little overseized. If you send the login form and doing a redirect the user has to download a portion of JavaScript again and this will lead to average user experience in terms of startup times. So doing it in HTML with a little JS magic (you can use qx.Website for that) gives you the speed users are expecting.

However, if you use parts then you needn't to redirect to another HTML page and you can make use of the JavaScript which is already loaded at the client leading to a fast user experience. This also does load in a fast way because you'll only need the parts for the widgets which are shown on the screen and you do not load the whole application yet - only the necessary part. After the user logged in successfully you can load the parts for the application on the same page.

Hope that short overview helps you with your decision.

Regards,
  Alex

I want to make a Login window a main window,after users logged in I want them to be redirected to the Main window ,I dont know how to do that. can someone help

Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL, ASP.NET, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS, MVC, Windows 8 Apps, JavaScript and much more. Keep your skills current with LearnDevNow - 3,200 step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft MVPs and experts. ON SALE this month only -- learn more at:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122712