Local timeout expired

Tarmaq

Hi all,
I have little problem with RPC.callAsync. I get response after callAsync,
but after X seconds (as is timeout set) my callback is called again but with
error "Local timeout expired".. Is here anyone who had this problem too?
Thanx for response. L.

Re: Local timeout expired

Derrell Lipman
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Tarmaq <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,
I have little problem with RPC.callAsync. I get response after callAsync,
but after X seconds (as is timeout set) my callback is called again but with
error "Local timeout expired".. Is here anyone who had this problem too?

It sounds like your request is being sent out but not responded to.  I'd recommend using the "Net" tab in Firebug to watch what request is sent.  You can then verify that the URL is correct, and once you've done that, check the logs on the web server to which the request was issued.  (It's likely, though, that the web server didn't receive the request, since you're getting back no response at all.)

Re: Local timeout expired

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok I tried Net tab in Firebug, I've got response 200 OK. It's weird, because handler receives correct data, but after 10seconds (my timeout setting) was this handler called again but with error message "Local timeout expired".

Your handler gets called AGAIN?  In any normal usage, that shouldn't be possible.

What version of qooxdoo are you using?

Please post your code that issues the request, and your handler function.  Maybe that'll invoke a "Oh, that's what's wrong!" thought.

Re: Local timeout expired

Petr Kobalíček
I have experience that timeout handler is called if exception is
thrown in your request event handler.

Try to use "try {} and catch {}" in your event handlers to debug this problem.

Hope that helps:)