List filter is very slow

kirra5
Hi

I have a small problem with filter speed (I made an example to show the issue to you).

If the list gets a little bit bigger (1500 items) it becomes very slow when filtering. I have the feeling that I am doing something terrible wrong. I put the example below (just type one number into the textField above the list and it will take some time until it filters). Any suggestion how I can make this work faster will be helpful.

http://goo.gl/TZq3Va

Thank you!

Re: List filter is very slow

John Spackman-3
1500 items in a list is quite a lot, I’ve tried playing with your example but can’t find a way to speed it up.  I would guess that there is some optimisation that could be done in ListController but that’s something you’d have to look into if you wanted to solve it.

Another solution might be the virtual list implementation - this is marked as “experimental” but has not changed for some time; Phyo has experience with this and AIUI it works well except for on mobile devices where scrolling speed can be quite slow.

John

On 30/09/2015 10:03, "kirra5" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a small problem with filter speed (I made an example to show the
>issue to you).
>
>If the list gets a little bit bigger (1500 items) it becomes very slow when
>filtering. I have the feeling that I am doing something terrible wrong. I
>put the example below (just type one number into the textField above the
>list and it will take some time until it filters). Any suggestion how I can
>make this work faster will be helpful.
>
>http://goo.gl/TZq3Va
>
>Thank you!

Re: List filter is very slow

kirra5
Ok, thank you very much!

Re: List filter is very slow

Phyo Arkar

Hello kira

You will need qx.ui.list.List
That is virtual list implementation and can handle millons without slowdown.
But it is very slow when mobile and i had modified quite a few to make it fast on mobile.

On Sep 30, 2015 4:05 PM, "kirra5" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, thank you very much!

Re: List filter is very slow

kirra5
I used the virtual list and it works perfect.
Thank you again!

Possible bug in qx.ui.virtual.layer.WidgetCell

Bugdog
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure there is a bug in qx.ui.virtual.layer.WidgetCell.

I'm creating a two-way virtual grid based on List, I don't think I can
provide you a testcase because it's quite a lot of irrelevant code. I
just want you to take a look at the qx.ui.virtual.layer.WidgetCell,
maybe I'll convince you that there is a bug...

If you look at the "_updateLayerWindow" you will notice that it has
"widgetsToMove" collection which contains items from a previous
render.   Later there is a code:

           var item =
             widgetsToMove[row][column] ||
             cellProvider.getCellWidget(row, column) ||
             this._getSpacer();

And if an item happens to be found in the widgetsToMove collection, it
doesn't get re-bound to its model.

I think it should explicitly re-bind the widget to its new model, if it
was taken from widgetsToMove. That's what I'm already doing in my code.

Thanks