Lazy initialization

Szántai Péter
Hi there,

I just want to know if there is any kind of tree,list, or something that has lazy initialization on its elements.

I have many ( 100< ) items( extend Boxlayout ) that need to be added to a scrollable "list" and only a few( 20> ) of them is visible at time.

thanks for your reply

 Peter Szantai-Kis

Re: Lazy initialization

Derrell Lipman
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Szántai Péter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

I just want to know if there is any kind of tree,list, or something that has lazy initialization on its elements.

I have many ( 100< ) items( extend Boxlayout ) that need to be added to a scrollable "list" and only a few( 20> ) of them is visible at time.

The "virtual" widgets render only those  elements that are visible at any particular time.  As the user scrolls, the newly visible items are rendered to replace the previously visible items.  Take a look at qx.ui.table.* and qx.ui.treevirtual.* for a virtual scrolling multi-column list and a virtual tree, respectively.

There's also qx.ui.Progressive.* which does progressive rendering, and it has a table renderer associated with it.  This is useful if you'd like to eventually have all elements rendered (true lazy rendering) but don't want to hold up operation of the user interface while they are rendering.