Integrating Babel into the generator chain

Integrating Babel into the generator chain

David Hilberath
A wonderful afternoon everyone,

I've got a quick question: How would I go about integrating babel
(https://babeljs.io/) into the generator? I don't want the original
code to be transformed permanently, but only when it's actually being
compiled.

 From what I could gather from the documentation this does not seem
possible out of the box. Is there something I missed?

Cheers,
David

--
David Hilberath
Anwendungsentwickler, Qualitätssicherung

Collax GmbH
Basler Straße 115a
D-79115 Freiburg
Germany

Web: www.collax.com
Geschäftsführer: Falk Birkner
Amtsgericht München, HRB 173695
USt-ID: DE270819312

Re: Integrating Babel into the generator chain

John Spackman-3
I think at the moment this is a tricky thing to do in a fully integrated way but doing it manually should be fine - you need to precompile your code using babel, and then run the generator.  You wouldn’t need to run the generator every time (unless you add dependencies to your code), but obviously you would need to run babel for each modification.

It’s important to only use babel on your own code and then feed it to the generator because he generator needs to do it’s own optimisation (EG for generate build) and anyway I don’t think Qooxdoo will compile because arguments.caller/callee are not allowed in ES6.

John