Implementing a view that gets updated real time

Implementing a view that gets updated real time

halcwb
How should I go about implementing a real time view. With a real time view I mean a view that get's updated in real time, once the server has new data. So, for example, I have a long running process on the server that will create a list of items. When I request the list, I don't know the number of items. So, I cannot use a paging mechanism.

I know there a couple of options:
1. I can use (server is an .net mvc solution) SignalR. I then add the required jquery files to the qooxdoo solution as external script libraries.
2. I can use facebook React as an external library.
3. I can use a quick and dirty polling mechanism.
4. Or does qooxdoo have internal support for this sort of feature?

Re: Implementing a view that gets updated real time

Tom Saddul
+1 SignalR

Re: Implementing a view that gets updated real time

halcwb
Tom Saddul wrote
+1 SignalR
Yes, I think I am going for that option. I am already using ServiceStack and MVC, so this shouldn't be too difficult. Am I correct that I should reference the SignalR javascript libraries in my qooxdoo project as external scripts. Or, is there a more convenient solution that uses the qooxdoo lib?