IE7 and popup dialogs

John Spackman

Hi guys,

I’m getting a weird error in IE7 (or IE8 in compatibility mode) and popup windows where the window is always offset by half the width of the window compared to the shadow.  For example, if the window is at 100x100 and is 500x250 wide/tall, the shadow is in the correct place but the window itself appears at 350x100.  Also, the text in the title bar and the minimize/close buttons are offset by a few characters too.

I’ve tried to run up a simple working example but not been able to reproduce it so it’s a more complex interaction with our app, but what?  Any clues?  Or ideas of where to start looking?

Thanks

Re: IE7 and popup dialogs

Christian Schmidt
Hi John,

which qooxdoo version do you use?

Cheers,
Chris

John Spackman schrieb:

> Hi guys,
>
> I’m getting a weird error in IE7 (or IE8 in compatibility mode) and
> popup windows where the window is always offset by half the width of
> the window compared to the shadow. For example, if the window is at
> 100x100 and is 500x250 wide/tall, the shadow is in the correct place
> but the window itself appears at 350x100. Also, the text in the title
> bar and the minimize/close buttons are offset by a few characters too.
>
> I’ve tried to run up a simple working example but not been able to
> reproduce it so it’s a more complex interaction with our app, but
> what? Any clues? Or ideas of where to start looking?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

> Return on Information:
> Google Enterprise Search pays you back
> Get the facts.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/google-dev2dev

Christian Schmidt
Software Entwickler

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: IE7 and popup dialogs

John Spackman
Hi Chris,

Oops, most obvious detail missed out!  I'm still on 0.8.2

John

> I’m getting a weird error in IE7 (or IE8 in compatibility mode) and
> popup windows where the window is always offset by half the width of
> the window compared to the shadow. For example, if the window is at
> 100x100 and is 500x250 wide/tall, the shadow is in the correct place
> but the window itself appears at 350x100. Also, the text in the title
> bar and the minimize/close buttons are offset by a few characters too.
>
> I’ve tried to run up a simple working example but not been able to
> reproduce it so it’s a more complex interaction with our app, but
> what? Any clues? Or ideas of where to start looking?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

> Return on Information:
> Google Enterprise Search pays you back
> Get the facts.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/google-dev2dev

Christian Schmidt
Software Entwickler

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas
Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver
Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: IE7 and popup dialogs

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Hi John,

Chris tells me there was a similar issue at one point that was caused by
a "text-align: center" style on the body element. Could you check if the
window's content element inherits any styles like that?
Failing that, you could use the IE dev tools to copy your application's
generated HTML and post it here so we can take a look at it.

Regards,
Daniel

John Spackman schrieb:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Oops, most obvious detail missed out!  I'm still on 0.8.2
>
> John

Hi Daniel,

Yep, that's got it.  Is there a work around or a patch I can apply (rather
than upgrade to 0.8.3 just yet)?

John Spackman schrieb:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Oops, most obvious detail missed out!  I'm still on 0.8.2
>
> John

please try this in the main method:

var root = this.getRoot();
root.getContainerElement().setStyles({
  position: "absolute",
  textAlign: "left"
});

I haven't tested it, but I think this should solve your issue.

Cheers,
Chris

John Spackman schrieb:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Yep, that's got it.  Is there a work around or a patch I can apply (rather
> than upgrade to 0.8.3 just yet)?
>
> John

Great that's fixed it, thanks for your help.