I'm frustrated

12

I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi,

since some days I test and test this great framework and I think I understand nothing. I read dozends of sites (tutorials, docu pages, ect.), played with the plaxground and .....

only problems.

I got with the "python installer" a Application.js (in source\class\qooximkerei) and a index.html (in source).

Than I opened the Application.js and got this (here without the button example):

qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application",{
    extend: qx.application.Standalone,
    members: {
        main: function()
        {
            this.base(arguments);
            if (qx.core.Variant.isSet("qx.debug", "on")) {
                qx.log.appender.Native;
                qx.log.appender.Console;
            }
            // Our code will come here

Than I switched to the playground and copied/pasted some code snippets. For example:

var win = new qx.ui.window.Window("First Window");
win.setWidth(300);
win.setHeight(200);
win.setShowMinimize(false);

this.getRoot().add(win, {left:20, top:20});
win.open();

After copied this code after my line //your code here I started my browser and afte a long time I got my first window.

Wonderful, my first thought.

After searching in the demobrowser I found for example this code (table demo). The jscode starts with:

qx.Class.define("demobrowser.demo.table.Table",{  extend : demobrowser.demo.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption : function() {      return "Table";    },

Häääh.... hmmh . No problem my thoughts. The same procedure. Copy and paste after my code snippet (creating a window) and changing the names (demobrowser.demo to qooximkerei.Application). The same with the next demobrowser declaration in extend line and ready

Nothing. Only errors.
table not defined and others.

Than I copied this table.Table class outside of my
qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application",{

qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application.table.Table",{  extend : qooximkerei.Application.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption : function() {      return "Table";    },

Wrong, too.

Is there anywhere an example that shows the correct work with this framework.

In my example there are to different syntaxes. The first one (window creation) in the playground browser and the second one (table defination) with literal notation in the demobrowser.

How can I create this table example in my environment? For example the table has to be inside the window.

And so on and so on...... I think I'm a little bit despaired.

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

Mustafa Sak-3
Hi Josef,

keep cool, at my very first time working with qooxdoo, I was often
frustated. ;)

You are right, the demo browser is not even good for beginners to get in
table handling. But the palyground example is ver easy to understand how
it works. So just try this
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/playground/#Table. Copy the source to your
own main function and generate source.

Regards Mustafa Sak

> [...]
> table not defined and others.
>
> Than I copied this table.Table class outside of my
> qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application",{
> });
>
> qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application.table.Table",{  extend :
> qooximkerei.Application.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption :
> function() {      return "Table";    },
>
> Wrong, too.
>
> Is there anywhere an example that shows the correct work with this
> framework.
>
> In my example there are to different syntaxes. The first one (window
> creation) in the playground browser and the second one (table defination)
> with literal notation in the demobrowser.
>
> How can I create this table example in my environment? For example the
> table
> has to be inside the window.
>
> And so on and so on...... I think I'm a little bit despaired.

Re: I'm frustrated

Stefan Meyer-2
I think this too. the  documentation isnt very userfriendly.  The
authors  start often at a point, a new   or normal user isnt at this time.
Easy  step by step   tutorials  are missed.  On the other hand   often
many documentation not at the state of the art or broken. see
contributions. 90% of the links doesnt run and the  download  process
not ready:( This is very frustrating for me too:(

qooxdoo can have much more success, if their be  simple   tuts and a
full working  documentation. Often   some simple  things missed, like
the avaible options for a procedure call , like  north,south,east,west
for dock  layout.  a normal user never thinks that this can be the
option:)  I try left,top,..  and are frustated about 3 days:( tilli i
find the real avaiable options some months ago.

> [...]
>> table not defined and others.
>>
>> Than I copied this table.Table class outside of my
>> qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application",{
>> });
>>
>> qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application.table.Table",{  extend :
>> qooximkerei.Application.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption :
>> function() {      return "Table";    },
>>
>> Wrong, too.
>>
>> Is there anywhere an example that shows the correct work with this
>> framework.
>>
>> In my example there are to different syntaxes. The first one (window
>> creation) in the playground browser and the second one (table defination)
>> with literal notation in the demobrowser.
>>
>> How can I create this table example in my environment? For example the
>> table
>> has to be inside the window.
>>
>> And so on and so on...... I think I'm a little bit despaired.

Re: I'm frustrated

> After searching in the demobrowser I found for example this code (table
> demo). The jscode starts with:
>
> qx.Class.define("demobrowser.demo.table.Table",{  extend :
> demobrowser.demo.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption : function()
> {
> return "Table";    },
>
> Häääh.... hmmh . No problem my thoughts. The same procedure. Copy and
> paste
> after my code snippet (creating a window) and changing the names
> (demobrowser.demo to qooximkerei.Application).

You're mixing Playground code and full class code. This is not good. You
can think of the Playground snippets as code that would go in an
Application.js class. So your copying it there is fine. But you cannot
embed a full class definition in another, so no
"qx.Class.define("something",...)" inside your
"qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application",...)".

If you want to utilize sample code from the Demobrowser, you can e.g. add
its "main" code to your own "main" method. You have to be more careful in
integrating the demo sample code in your own class code.

> qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.Application.table.Table",{  extend :
> qooximkerei.Application.table.TableDemo,  members :  {    getCaption :
> function() {      return "Table";    },

You cannot just copy arbitrary class structures. If you add new classes to
your application, they have to follow *your* applications name space
structure. E.g. you could add a class
"qx.Class.define("qooximkerei.MyTable",...)", and add the demo code there.

As the table.Table demo uses a helper class to derive from, you have to
mirror that in your own application too. Add e.g. a class
"qx.Class.define("qxooimkerei.MyTableDemo", ...)" and add the
table.TableDemo class code (you cannot do that through the Demobrowser
application; you have to find it in the qooxdoo SDK, under
application/demobrowser/source/class/demobrowser/demo/table/TableDemo.js).
You then can use it in your qooximkerei.MyTable class as "extend:
qooximkerei.MyTableDemo".

> Is there anywhere an example that shows the correct work with this
> framework.

Plenty. All the demo applications can serve this purpose. Take a look at
the Feedreader (application/feedreader/source/class). This shows nicely
how application classes can be layed out. The only thing I'd like to warn
you about is: The Feedreader uses part loading, which you don't want to
bother yourself with at the moment. If you come across a call to
qx.io.PartLoader.require in the Feedreader code, just look at it as if the
call wasn't there, but just the code in the call back function parameter.

> In my example there are to different syntaxes. The first one (window
> creation) in the playground browser and the second one (table defination)
> with literal notation in the demobrowser.

As explained above, the Playground provides the application class context
automatically.

> How can I create this table example in my environment? For example the
> table
> has to be inside the window.

See above. E.g. in your main code you can create the window and add an
instance of the MyTable class.

HTH,

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Thanks for the posts.
But really I don't understand this behavior. Why are an example code in the controls demo if I cann't use this code?

I thought so that I cann't mix the sample code form docu and playground. But there is always a problem for me.

An other example:

I have a window in "normal code" like:

this.getroot().add(mywindow);

Than a table like

mytable = new qx.ui.table.RemoteTableModel();
mywindow.add.mytable;

Ok than I need datas for this table: I found some pages like this:

qx.Class.define("myApplication.table.RemoteDataModel",
{
  extend : qx.ui.table.model.Remote,

  members :
  {
     // overloaded - called whenever the table requests the row count
    _loadRowCount : function()
    {
      // Call the backend service (example) - using XmlHttp
      var url  = "http://localhost/services/getTableCount.php";
      var req = new qx.io.remote.Request(url, "GET", "application/json");

      // Add listener
      req.addListener("completed", this._onRowCountCompleted, this);

      // send request
      req.send();
    },

So I have the same problem. How can I get this functions , ect. to my table?

Building a own request I thought like this:

var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
req.addListener("completed", myReq);
req.send();
function myReq (e) {
        var result = e.getContent();
        for(var i in result)
        res1 = result[i];
        alert('test: '+res1.STAND_ID);
        var test = e.getContent();
}

In my alert box I get the array I defined in my test.php.

But now how can I get this var result = e.getContent(); in my table without the mechanism defined in the code sample before?

mytable.getValue(??????? or what???

It's a pretty fine framework I think but not good to handle for beginners. The most important thing in a RIA application is the data handling between in my case php and the client and there is nothing for help in the docu.

Only this terrible code snippets in the demos.

Thanks again and thanks for patience.

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

Mustafa Sak-3
Look at website for RPCphp. This helps you to send easily requests to your server. To dump an array in array response of any Ajax request just use table.getTableModel().setData(result);

Regards Mustafa Sak

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 30.01.2011 um 21:54 schrieb josefkoller <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks for the posts.
> But really I don't understand this behavior. Why are an example code in the
> controls demo if I cann't use this code?
>
> I thought so that I cann't mix the sample code form docu and playground. But
> there is always a problem for me.
>
> An other example:
>
> I have a window in "normal code" like:
>
> this.getroot().add(mywindow);
>
> Than a table like
>
> mytable = new qx.ui.table.RemoteTableModel();
> mywindow.add.mytable;
>
> Ok than I need datas for this table: I found some pages like this:
>
> qx.Class.define("myApplication.table.RemoteDataModel",
> {
>  extend : qx.ui.table.model.Remote,
>
>  members :
>  {
>     // overloaded - called whenever the table requests the row count
>    _loadRowCount : function()
>    {
>      // Call the backend service (example) - using XmlHttp
>      var url  = "http://localhost/services/getTableCount.php";
>      var req = new qx.io.remote.Request(url, "GET", "application/json");
>
>      // Add listener
>      req.addListener("completed", this._onRowCountCompleted, this);
>
>      // send request
>      req.send();
>    },
>
> So I have the same problem. How can I get this functions , ect. to my table?
>
> Building a own request I thought like this:
>
> var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
> req.addListener("completed", myReq);
> req.send();
> function myReq (e) {
>    var result = e.getContent();
>    for(var i in result)
>    res1 = result[i];
>    alert('test: '+res1.STAND_ID);
>    var test = e.getContent();
> }
>
> In my alert box I get the array I defined in my test.php.
>
> But now how can I get this var result = e.getContent(); in my table without
> the mechanism defined in the code sample before?
>
> mytable.getValue(??????? or what???
>
> It's a pretty fine framework I think but not good to handle for beginners.
> The most important thing in a RIA application is the data handling between
> in my case php and the client and there is nothing for help in the docu.
>
> Only this terrible code snippets in the demos.
>
> Thanks again and thanks for patience.
>
> Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi,
qooxdoo is wonderful. I miss only a pipeline to spend you one or more buttles of beer. Good Bavarian one.

Now I get datas with the following code in my table:
var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
  req.addListener("completed", myReq);
  req.send();
  rowData= [];
  function myReq (e) {
   if(e != 'undefined'){
    var result = e.getContent();
    for(var i in result){
    res1 = result[i];
    //alert('test: '+res1.STAND_ID);
    rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, 'Test1', 'Test2' ]);
   return rowData;
 }

and in the Table:
table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);

But what wonder the next problems:
Sometimes I get a result sometimes not. It seems the request is to slow for the clientside javascript.
In firebug console there is sometime a POST result, sometimes a timeout by the POST line.

Is there a possibility to wait for the answer?

Yes, I was on the RPCphp site. I hope it was the right one:
Here a code with remote table:
http://manual.qooxdoo.org/1.3/pages/widget/table_remote_model.html
Do you mean this site?
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/rpcphp
Here are terrible links on the site. The link to the example goes to a site with a link back to the first site.

Do you have some correct links to rpc with an example code?

But first what can I do to get my result with the "normal" code ever in the table? See my problem on top.

Thanks
Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

oetiker
Hi Josef,

Yesterday josefkoller wrote:

> Hi,
> qooxdoo is wonderful. I miss only a pipeline to spend you one or more
> buttles of beer. Good Bavarian one.
>
> Now I get datas with the following code in my table:
> var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
>   req.addListener("completed", myReq);
>   req.send();
>   rowData= [];
>   function myReq (e) {
>    if(e != 'undefined'){
>     var result = e.getContent();
>     for(var i in result){
>     res1 = result[i];
>     //alert('test: '+res1.STAND_ID);
>     rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, 'Test1', 'Test2' ]);
>     }
>   }
>    return rowData;
>  }
>
> and in the Table:
> table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
>
> But what wonder the next problems:
> Sometimes I get a result sometimes not. It seems the request is to slow for
> the clientside javascript.
> In firebug console there is sometime a POST result, sometimes a timeout by
> the POST line.

you have to put the .setData into the myReq function

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi,

thanks for help to everyone.
Ok, I gave my line with the setData into the myReq function like this:
req.send();
rowData= [];
function myReq (e) {
var result = e.getContent();
for(var i in result){
res1 = result[i];
rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, 'Test1', 'Test2' ]);
}
table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
return rowData;

I ever get in firebug that the response aborted. See error message:

048760 qx.core.Init: Load runtime: 48760ms
Native.js (Zeile 61)
POST http://localhost/qooximkerei/source/test.php?nocache=1296466449523
POST http://localhost/qooximkerei/source/test.php?nocache=1296466449523

Aborted

Only I set a breakpoint to the myReq function and step a while trough the code lines I get an e.content result.

In a productive App it's unpossible to step trough the code or set settimeouts or intervals to wait for the answer.

What can I do? Is there another possiblity (like rpcphp see the answers before)? Is there any help example with an alternative?

Thanks again.

Tschau
Josef
XmlHttp.js (Zeile 362)

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi again,

If I never got an event with myReq function (e is undefined) I changed this function as follow:

k =0;
function myReq (e) {
  for (var j=0; j<30000; j++){
    k++;                                      //<----- nothing to do only wait for the e
    if (e!=undefined)break
  }
  rowData= [];
  var result = e.getContent();
  var booltype;
  for(var i in result){
    res1 = result[i];
    if(res1.STWANDERSTAND == '0') {booltype = false;} else {booltype = true;} //boolean tableview
    rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, res1.STTRACHT, booltype ]);
  }
  table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
  //alert('Zugriffe: '+ k+'Länge: '+ result.length);

I give a for loop construct on top (nothing else to do as to loop until the e is defined).
So I get the datas from my php site. In most of the cases.
The for construct loops ever 1 time (controlled with an alert) before the e is defined.

Do you know why?

So I get my datas from my php site in most of the cases!
But if I start the browser new I get no alert box and no datas. Only if I refresh the browser with F5 I get in the alertbox the hint to 1 loop and the length of the array.

I get this behavior in all browsers I tested(FF, Chrome, IE and Safari.

Than in chrome I have wrong table rows. In the other browsers I get 7 rows (length of the array). In crome I get 14 rows. The first 7 are the array entries and than 7 empty rows. Only in the column with the boolean defination I get checkboxes (false marked).

This looks not good. In the alertbox I get the correct length of the array(7).

Do you know why I get in in chrome the double rows?

Thanks again

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

fritz
Josef,

without seeing your complete code, I have the following suspicion:

You use an rpc async call to get the data from your php-server?

If so, you have to specify an async handler in the rpc call and INSIDE this
async handler (which will be called once the data has been transmitted from
the server to the client) you can then set the table data.

Cheers,
Fritz

P.S.: In case you are trying to use a synchronous rpc call: you shouldn't,
       as it blocks the browser.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, josefkoller wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> If I never got an event with myReq function (e is undefined) I changed this
> function as follow:
>
> k =0;
> function myReq (e) {
>  for (var j=0; j<30000; j++){
>    k++;                                      //<----- nothing to do only
> wait for the e
>    if (e!=undefined)break
>  }
>  rowData= [];
>  var result = e.getContent();
>  var booltype;
>  for(var i in result){
>    res1 = result[i];
>    if(res1.STWANDERSTAND == '0') {booltype = false;} else {booltype =
> true;} //boolean tableview
>    rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, res1.STTRACHT, booltype ]);
>  }
>  table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
>  //alert('Zugriffe: '+ k+'Länge: '+ result.length);
>
> I give a for loop construct on top (nothing else to do as to loop until the
> e is defined).
> So I get the datas from my php site. In most of the cases.
> The for construct loops ever 1 time (controlled with an alert) before the e
> is defined.
>
> Do you know why?
>
> So I get my datas from my php site in most of the cases!
> But if I start the browser new I get no alert box and no datas. Only if I
> refresh the browser with F5 I get in the alertbox the hint to 1 loop and the
> length of the array.
>
> I get this behavior in all browsers I tested(FF, Chrome, IE and Safari.
>
> Than in chrome I have wrong table rows. In the other browsers I get 7 rows
> (length of the array). In crome I get 14 rows. The first 7 are the array
> entries and than 7 empty rows. Only in the column with the boolean
> defination I get checkboxes (false marked).
>
> This looks not good. In the alertbox I get the correct length of the
> array(7).
>
> Do you know why I get in in chrome the double rows?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Josef

Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Fritz,

thanks for answer. 'm a beginner in qooxdoo (see my other posts) and there is not a lot of code in the Application.js file. I'm in test state.

There is only a window and a table coded and this request function:

var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
   req.addListener("completed", myReq);
   req.send();
   k =0;
  function myReq (e) {
    for (var j=0; j<30000; j++){
      k++;
      if (e!=undefined)break
    }
    rowData= [];
    var result = e.getContent();
    var wndtype;
    for(var i in result){
      res1 = result[i];
      if(res1.STWANDERSTAND == '0') {wndtype = false;} else {wndtype = true;}
      rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, res1.STTRACHT, wndtype ]);
  }
    table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
    //alert('Zugriffe: '+ k+'Länge: '+ result.length);
    return rowData;
 }

No rpc! A normal remote.Request.

Any other ideas???

Thanks

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

Mustafa Sak-3
OK, so first of all, you should first define your handler function (myReq) before setting it to the listener. Thats why your script is not working every time.

Second, their is no need to check if the e object is set, because if you do it in the right order your handler function will just run, if request is successfully received.

Third, you are lopping your result to set true or false to last column, may be it would be faster to send boolean instead of interger from your php code, but you can do it your way.

Fourth, you are dumping array in array to the table object, is table really accesable from their? I mean did you set the variable table at the same function as the request? If not just try to make table global like  var table = this.table = new qx.ui.....
Then use this.table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);

Regards Sak

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi Mustafa,

nice to see you again. There is not a lot of code inside my file. Now I have structered the lines in your order:

// Our code will come here

// table
var tableModel = this._tableModel = new qx.ui.table.model.Simple();
tableModel.setColumns([ "ID", "Standortname", "Standortbeschreibung", "Wanderstand" ]);
// table
var table = this.table = new qx.ui.table.Table(tableModel);
table.set({width: 600,height: 400,decorator : null});
var req = this.req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");

function myReq (e) {
rowData= [];
var result = e.getContent();
for(var i in result){
res1 = result[i];
if(res1.STWANDERSTAND == '0') {booltype = false;} else {booltype = true;}
rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, res1.STTRACHT, booltype ]);
}
table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
return rowData;
}

req.addListener("completed", myReq);
req.send();

var staWin = new qx.ui.window.Window("Imkerei Verwaltung", "resource/icon/tango/16/places/folder.png");
staWin.setLayout(new qx.ui.layout.VBox());
and some windows definations and the adds (windows to root and table to window).

And it looks better. Only one time I got a empty table. The last tests were good after empty the browsercache and restart the browser I got the data result.

Many, many thanks.

But now I get in the IE 14 rows, too. See my post before. Now in chrome and in IE. In the other browsers (FF, Safari) the result is correct (7 rows).

Do you have any idea whar's that?

My boolean line: I have mySQL as DB. In mySQL there is no boolean type. So I have defined this field as smallint. 0 means false 1 means true.

Do you know another possibility to define this "boolean-field" qooxdoolike?

And by the way:
My next tests are sending datas from qooxdoo to my php site.
Can I do this with the same remote.request I get datas from my php site?
Is req.setData('Test');????????? the right one?
What necessary in php site?
json_decode($_POST ????????);

Is there anywhere an example???

Thanks a lot

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

fritz
Hi Josef,

Mustafa already gave you most of the answers, I guess. One thing I am not
sure about:

Are you returning an array or an object from your remote request? If it is
an array, you should not use for (var i in result) {} but

var i, len=result.length;
for (i=0; i<len; i++) {
}

See

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/1.2/pages/development/antipatterns.html#do-not-use-for-in-loops-for-arrays

Cheers,
Fritz

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, josefkoller wrote:

> Fritz,
>
> thanks for answer. 'm a beginner in qooxdoo (see my other posts) and there
> is not a lot of code in the Application.js file. I'm in test state.
>
> There is only a window and a table coded and this request function:
>
> var req = new qx.io.remote.Request("test.php","POST", "application/json");
>   req.addListener("completed", myReq);
>   req.send();
>   k =0;
>  function myReq (e) {
>    for (var j=0; j<30000; j++){
>      k++;
>      if (e!=undefined)break
>    }
>    rowData= [];
>    var result = e.getContent();
>    var wndtype;
>    for(var i in result){
>      res1 = result[i];
>      if(res1.STWANDERSTAND == '0') {wndtype = false;} else {wndtype =
> true;}
>      rowData.push([ res1.STAND_ID, res1.STNAME, res1.STTRACHT, wndtype ]);
>  }
>    table.getTableModel().setData(rowData);
>    //alert('Zugriffe: '+ k+'Länge: '+ result.length);
>    return rowData;
> }
>
> No rpc! A normal remote.Request.
>
> Any other ideas???
>
> Thanks
>
> Josef

Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi Fritz,

you all a great, greater, or greatest.

My 14 rows in IE or chrome are history. Yes, in php it is an array. I changed the lines and all is perfect.

Hmmmh.... not all: In FF I have to reload the page by F5 to get the datas after I have started the browser.

I asked Mustafa before to this sending of datas to my php site.
I read in the docu to setData it is a string. But if I send only for example:

req.setData('Test');

how can I translate something on my php site? Not possible I think.
So I tested 'name = test'. Also wrong?
Next: name ='{first:'josef', second:'franz'}' wrong, too?

Or is the mistake the control command print_r $_POST[???????] on the php site?

I think I totally wrong. Are there some examples for xooxdoo side and php side?

Thanks again

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

fritz
Hi Josef,

I don't use the remote requests and I don't use PHP, so I can't really give
you a working example for that.

But you can use the firebug console in FF to look at what is transmitted to
your server.

There is a PHP RPC contribution including documentation and example code at
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/rpcphp

Perhaps this get's you further?

Cheers,
Fritz

--
Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: I'm frustrated

Mustafa Sak-3
Fritz is right, RPCPHP is yours. But currently the svn servers of
sourceforge are down, so I decided to share my less experiences and Derrells
greate server side files with you. So just copy the file in the zip
attachment to your htdocs folder.

Second, use this example to make some async call:

// Make global rpc object
this.rpc = new qx.io.remote.Rpc(
          "../services/",
          "qooxdoo.myprojectrpc"
);

//# now make some echo, send String, receive the same string
var handler = function(result, exc)
{
        if (exc == null)
        {
                alert(result);
        }
        else
};
this.rpc.callAsync(handler, "getParam", "HALLO WELT");

That should help you to get start.  By the way remote table model can be
used with the same rpc classes, just look at qooxdoo website for more.

This scripts are not tested, may be there are some bugs ;)

Regards Mustafa Sak

SAKsystems

Inh. Mustafa Sak

Varrelmannstr. 16

30453 Hannover

Tel.   +49 511 / 165 969 40

Fax   +49 511 / 165 969 49

Mobil +49 163 / 312 6144

http://www.saksys.de

[hidden email]

STEUER-Nr. 2613817458

--
Oetiker+Partner AG tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Mustafa Sak (sak@saksys.de).vcf (494 bytes) Download Attachment
services.zip (57K) Download Attachment

Re: I'm frustrated

josefkoller
Hi Mustafa,

thanks for your files.

I copied this files to my

C:\xampp\htdocs.

So I got a structure like this

\htdocs
--> \services
       --->\class
             \server
             confirmation.php
             ect.

Than I tested your

this.rpc = new qx.io.remote.Rpc("../../services/", "qooxdoo.myprojectrpc"); <-- two steps back

but I get the error:
{"error":{"origin":2,"code":3,"message":"Service class `myprojectrpc` not found."},"id":1}

This myprojectrpc is in C:\xammp\htdocs\services\class\qooxdoo.

My qooxdoo Application.js is in:
C:\xammp\htdocs\qooximkerei\source\class\qooximkerei.
My index.html is in:
C:\xammp\htdocs\qooximkerei\source.

Is there any thing to change on my server settings? I hope no (I need the standard configuration built with xampp installer routine for other sites).

Thanks again

Josef

Re: I'm frustrated

Mustafa Sak-3
My fault, open file services/class/qooxdoo/myprojectrpc.php and change the
class name to class_myprojectrpc ;)