How to translate framework classes

fwolbring
Hello,

I'm trying to translate my application to german, but I can't figure out how to translate the Table class (qx.ui.table.Table). I've looked inside this file and saw that the strings are prepared for translation, but when I call generate.py translation, there is no corresponding text in the po file.

Would be nice if you have any ideas whats going wrong.

And yes I've added my language in the config.json ;-)

Cheers Frank Wolbring

Re: How to translate framework classes

Alexander Steitz

Hi Frank,

you have to look into the “translation” folder of the “framework” folder. Since this is a class of the framework the translations reside there and not in your application structure.

Regards,

  Alex

Re: How to translate framework classes

Thomas Herchenroeder
To put it in slightly different words: Translation is done on a
per-library basis. Translation strings are maintained in the same library
as the classes using these strings. If an application is build with
classes from several libraries, the translation info of the *build app*
contains all translation strings (and their translations) of the classes
that go into the build. So, not only classes but also relevant
translations are picked up from all involved libraries.

You usually don't have to worry about translations for framework classes
for the languages that are supported(look in the frameworks translation
folder, as Alex pointed out). German is one of them. If you find a
particular string that is not translated, open a bug for it. You can
always work around the issue by adding the translation in the framwork's
.po file.

T.

> Hi Frank,
>
> you have to look into the "translation" folder of the "framework" folder.
> Since this is a class of the framework the translations reside there and
> not in your application structure.
>
> Regards,
>   Alex

Cool, I didn't know that before, good to hear. Thanx to everybody for this Help

Cheers Frank Wolbring