How to preserve container width while adding widgets?

How to preserve container width while adding widgets?

voger
I have this little playground code http://tinyurl.com/pouvej7
In the areaB marked in blue I want to add as many buttons as possible.
Unfortunately when the buttons start to overflow the
qx.ui.container.Composite then it gets stretched to fit the buttons. I
want it to stay still.

I have another question that is more programming and logic related.
I hope the bright minds of this list have good ideas because it is
driving me nuts.

What I would like is the container to stay still and the buttons to
shrink in width so they can fit the container.

An idea is that when the buttons start to overflow then their new width
to be set to areaB.width / numberOfButtons. But the division every time
has a remainder of floating point number which adds up for a number of
buttons. This leaves a huge empty space to the right while the buttons
are squeezed to the left.

What I am trying to achieve is to emulate an operating system taskbar.
I would like to avoid the Scroll and Sidebar containers.

Re: How to preserve container width while adding widgets?

Peter Schneider
Hi 'Voger',

you were close ;)
Add the buttons with 'minWidth' & 'width' set to 1 and 'allowShrinkX set true.

   http://tinyurl.com/pvxyu3s

In my example I've added the buttons to the toolbar(-part) with 'flex'.

Hope this helps,

   Peter

--

** Unsere Veranstaltungen 2015

transport logistic München Halle B2, Stand 317/518 5.5.-8.5.2015
MöLo Kassel 18.6.-20.6.2015
Postexpo Paris 29.9.-1.10.2015

** NEU: Unser BLOG

telematics-magazine.com

Re: How to preserve container width while adding widgets?

Peter Schneider
...Addendum:

Additionally setting 'maxWidth' value of the buttons might get closer to the
"Windows-Taskbar" experience you are after ;)

   http://tinyurl.com/qacph8k

/Peter

--

** Unsere Veranstaltungen 2015

transport logistic München Halle B2, Stand 317/518 5.5.-8.5.2015
MöLo Kassel 18.6.-20.6.2015
Postexpo Paris 29.9.-1.10.2015

** NEU: Unser BLOG

telematics-magazine.com

Re: How to preserve container width while adding widgets?

voger
This is amazing. My attempted solution was a function with 45 lines
including empty lines. You solved it with one line and works fantastic.