How to catch the throw from Widget.renderLayout

How to catch the throw from Widget.renderLayout

Cyril
Hi all !

When we forgot to set a layout to a widget, the renderLayout function throw an error (Widget.js, method renderLayout line 1059 of current build)

But I don't know how to catch this throw.

This is not in the widget constructor, not in the parent constructor, I also tried every piece of code where my widget is used, and I cannot catch this throw.

I guess this is just under my nose ... but I'm going to need a little help to find it :)

Thanks !

Cyril

Re: How to catch the throw from Widget.renderLayout

Mustafa Sak-5
Here is an example, how you could catch that exception: http://tinyurl.com/qb8t7yc

Dank & Gruß
Mustafa Sak
Softwareentwickler
Mail Development
1&1 Mail & Media Development & Technology GmbH | Brauerstraße 48 | 76135 Karlsruhe | Germany
Phone: +49 721 91374-6977
When we forgot to set a layout to a widget, the renderLayout function throw an error (Widget.js, method renderLayout line 1059 of current build)

But I don't know how to catch this throw.

This is not in the widget constructor, not in the parent constructor, I also tried every piece of code where my widget is used, and I cannot catch this throw.

I guess this is just under my nose ... but I'm going to need a little help to find it :)

Thanks !

Cyril

OpManager is web-based network management software that monitors network devices and physical & virtual servers, alerts via email & sms for fault. Monitor 25 devices for free with no restriction. Download now http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/292181274;119417398;o

Re: How to catch the throw from Widget.renderLayout

Cyril
Hi Mustafa,

Thank you for your answer, this is a good trick but we were hoping for a more classical solution, I don't think this should be the right way to catch an error.

Anyway problem solved :) Thx again