How to add googlemaps api in playground?

How to add googlemaps api in playground?

voger
Hi, I want to create a little sample code to ask for an issue that I
have with google maps. Unfortunately while I was preparing a simple
example of the problem, I faced another problem. I can't include the
google maps library in playground so the example always fails. What I
tried is this

var lib = document.createElement('script');
lib.type ='text/javascript';
lib.src = "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&language=en"
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].appendChild(lib);

I even put it in the button event listener. Unfortunately I always get
the message:

"Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write
into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it
is explicitly opened."

I noticed that I can't even transfer the example for the maps from the
demobrowser to the playground without it breaking. In this case I get
"Reference Error: google is not defined"

Re: How to add googlemaps api in playground?

Dietrich Streifert
Hi voger!

I think the qx.bom.request.Script() should do it:

http://tinyurl.com/pozmqhq

First click on "Load Geoapi", then click on "Retreive Lng Lat....".
Output is in the log.

Regards
Dietrich

On 15/06/2015 05:06 μμ, Dietrich Streifert wrote:

> Hi voger!
>
> I think the qx.bom.request.Script() should do it:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pozmqhq
>
> First click on "Load Geoapi", then click on "Retreive Lng Lat....".
> Output is in the log.
>
> Regards
> Dietrich
>
> Am 15.06.2015 um 02:25 schrieb voger:
>> Hi, I want to create a little sample code to ask for an issue that I
>> have with google maps. Unfortunately while I was preparing a simple
>> example of the problem, I faced another problem. I can't include the
>> google maps library in playground so the example always fails. What I
>> tried is this
>>
>> var lib = document.createElement('script');
>> lib.type ='text/javascript';
>> lib.src = "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&language=en"
>> document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].appendChild(lib);
>>

>> I even put it in the button event listener. Unfortunately I always get
>> the message:
>>
>> "Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write
>> into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it
>> is explicitly opened."
>>
>> I noticed that I can't even transfer the example for the maps from the
>> demobrowser to the playground without it breaking. In this case I get
>> "Reference Error: google is not defined"

Thank you. This works great.