How to add a listener to Tree widget on open item event?

How to add a listener to Tree widget on open item event?

yuri
I am using Tree widget in qx.Desktop application and want to populate it on demand. Let say there is a TreeFolder in the Tree widget which is not opened yet, so tchnicaly it is empty. Once user open it (click on +) I want to populate the TreeFolder with items on that click and show expended content. Unfortunately, I was not able to find suitable event fired by Tree widget to use.
Could anybody shed a light how it can be achived?
Thanks

Re: How to add a listener to Tree widget on open item event?

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Yuri,

did you try the "changeOpen" event which is fired upon change of the
open property?

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/apiviewer/#qx.ui.tree.core.AbstractItem~open

The getData method of the changeOpen event should be true if open
changes to true.

Regards
Dietrich

Am 08.02.2016 um 23:19 schrieb yuri:

> I am using Tree widget in qx.Desktop application and want to populate it on
> demand. Let say there is a TreeFolder in the Tree widget which is not opened
> yet, so tchnicaly it is empty. Once user open it (click on +) I want to
> populate the TreeFolder with items on that click and show expended content.
> Unfortunately, I was not able to find suitable event fired by Tree widget to
> use.
> Could anybody shed a light how it can be achived?
> Thanks

Re: How to add a listener to Tree widget on open item event?

yuri
Dietrich,

Thanks for quick reply.
I did not try changeOpen yet. I was looking for some Tree's events not treeItems.
I am new to qooxdoo, but I thought that it can be big overhead to register listeners for each threeItem, especially taking into account that I easily can have 10k or more items in the tree.