How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

NelsonAz
Hello,

I've been attempting to implement the following theme:

http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/catalog/#DarkTheme

...into my Qooxdoo 5.0 application, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

After making the following changes to my config.json file:

Before: "QXTHEME"      : "test1.theme.Theme",

After: "QXTHEME"      : "darktheme.DarkTheme",

...followed by:

Before: "manifest" : "contrib://SkeletonApplication/trunk/Manifest.json"

After: "manifest" : "contrib://DarkTheme/trunk/Manifest.json"

...I received the following error:

Error: "<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'> :

Contrib URIs (starting with 'contrib://', 'http://' or 'https://') are no longer supported. Find the download locations of those in the contrib catalog and download them manually. Then point to the 'Manifest.json' files with local filepaths."

When following the download location, I ended up here:

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/qooxdoo-contrib/code/trunk/qooxdoo-contrib/DarkTheme/trunk/

Question 1: Do I download absolutely every file, or do I only need a few specific files?

Question 2: If I need specific files, which ones do I need?

Question 3: Where do I place the files within my project?

Question 4: What modifications do I need to make to my code in order to implement the new theme?

The error (see above) states that I need to point to the "Manifest.json" files with local file paths.

I assume this means that at the very least that I need to modify my own config.json file.

Thank you,
Nelson

Re: How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

SQville
Nelson,

You'll need to download all the files that are in the trunk folder of the Dark Theme and put them in a new folder in the application folder your qooxdoo-5.0-sdk. I would name the new folder "darktheme"

Then, in your desktop app's config.json file, add the following to the file's library entry:

"library" :
  [
    {
      "manifest" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/application/darktheme/Manifest.json"
    }
  ]

This will "link" the darktheme to your app as a library and keep your code nice and clean

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Chris

Re: How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

N. Schröder
Thank you Chris, I was just trying to type a response to Nelson's
problem when your message arrived ;-)

I agree with your instructions on how to inlucde the DarkTheme into an
application. However, it won't work anyway because DarkTheme is not
comaptible with qooxdoo versions 3.0 and above. I never really found the
time and there never was any demand for an upgrade of the DarkTheme to
more recent qooxdoo versions. However, if Nelsons insists: I'm on
vacation at the moment and may find a few hours...

Nelson, have you considered "Bernstein", another dark theme running
under qooxdoo 3.0 and above?
(http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/catalog/#Bernstein)

Norbert

Am 03.09.2015 um 22:41 schrieb SQville:

> Nelson,
>
> You'll need to download all the files that are in the trunk folder of the
> Dark Theme and put them in a new folder in the application folder your
> qooxdoo-5.0-sdk. I would name the new folder "darktheme"
>
> Then, in your desktop app's config.json file, add the following to the
> file's library entry:
>
> "library" :
>    [
>      {
>        "manifest" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/application/darktheme/Manifest.json"
>      }
>    ]
>
> This will "link" the darktheme to your app as a library and keep your code
> nice and clean
>
> Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
>
> Chris

Re: How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

NelsonAz
Apologies for the late reply.

@N. Schröder: If it isn't too much to ask, porting Dark Theme to 5.0 would be greatly appreciated.

I did actually look at Bernstein as well as the other 5 themes listed in the Qooxdoo contributions page.

Of all of them, Dark Theme seemed the most appropriate.

That said, I understand that you may be quite busy or would rather not revisit old code.

If you're not up to porting Dark Theme to 5.0, please let me know and I'll try out some of the other themes.

Thank you both (Norbert and Chris).

Nelson

Re: How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

N. Schröder
Hi Nelson,

I see what I can do within the next few days or so...

Norbert

Am 08.09.2015 um 18:15 schrieb NelsonAz:

> Apologies for the late reply.
>
> @N. Schröder: If it isn't too much to ask, porting Dark Theme to 5.0 would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> I did actually look at Bernstein as well as the other 5 themes listed in the
> Qooxdoo contributions page.
>
> Of all of them, Dark Theme seemed the most appropriate.
>
> That said, I understand that you may be quite busy or would rather not
> revisit old code.
>
> If you're not up to porting Dark Theme to 5.0, please let me know and I'll
> try out some of the other themes.
>
> Thank you both (Norbert and Chris).
>
> Nelson

Re: How do I deploy a new theme in Qooxdoo 5.0?

NelsonAz
Hello Norbert,

Thank you very much for all your help.

Nelson