How do I create a qooxdoo app fitting screensize of mobile browser

How do I create a qooxdoo app fitting screensize of mobile browser

Tranninger Harald
Hi tino, thanks for your answer.

I´ve got another question is it possible to have an application like this window widget application (
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.htm)l, with several windows,
and configure, in case of beeing a mobile device, only to get a certain window in fullscreen displayed?

The issue is, that i want to create a kind of editor for mobile screens. For example, you can drag some certain labels
to the "mobile window". The point is! i only want to get this mobile window in fullscreen in case of beeing loaded with a mobile browser!

Is qooxdoo powerful enough to create such an app?
Maybe somewone can give me tips how to display a certain window fullscreen on a mobile device.

Thanks a lot!

Re: How do I create a qooxdoo app fitting screensize of mobile browser

Tino Butz-2
Hi,

That is an interesting question. It is definitely something we would like to achieve in the next few releases of qooxdoo. Unfortunately you will have to implement this feature on your own right now. There won't be, in the near future, a feature in qooxdoo that allows you to reconfigure your UI like you have requested (even I am pretty sure that there will be such a feature in the next few month).

When you develop an application for mobile devices you should always (depending on the performance of the device) consider to keep the complexity of the application very small. You might consider to use the low level DOM part of the qooxdoo framework, rather than the UI part.

Seems like you are interested in the mobile part of qooxdoo. If you would like to contribute and help us to ship a good mobile framework, feel free to contact me.

Tino

Am 04.02.2011 um 13:55 schrieb Tranninger Harald:

> Hi tino, thanks for your answer.
>
> I´ve got another question is it possible to have an application like this window widget application (
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#widget~Window.htm)l, with several windows,
> and configure, in case of beeing a mobile device, only to get a certain window in fullscreen displayed?
>

> The issue is, that i want to create a kind of editor for mobile screens. For example, you can drag some certain labels
> to the "mobile window". The point is! i only want to get this mobile window in fullscreen in case of beeing loaded with a mobile browser!
>

> Is qooxdoo powerful enough to create such an app?
> Maybe somewone can give me tips how to display a certain window fullscreen on a mobile device.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Re: How do I create a qooxdoo app fitting screensize of mobile browser

Joachim Baran
Hi!

On 4 February 2011 07:55, Tranninger Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
> to the "mobile window". The point is! i only want to get this mobile window in fullscreen in case of beeing loaded with a mobile browser!
  As an alternative, you could go the Google way and have a link to a
mobile-version of your application and vice-versa. That way you give
people the choice what they would like to see on their mobile device.
On an iPhone, they might prefer the mobile-version of your
application, but on an iPad they might be fine with the
desktop-version.

Joachim