How do I access a list item?

Tomás Antunes
How do I access a list item in this event?

     self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
        var selection = e.getData();
        console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
      }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

N. Schröder
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

Tomás Antunes
No, that doesn't seem to be the case. When I print the selection variable I get a single integer which corresponds to the iterator of the list.

When I try to run this code the function isn't defined:

     self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
        var selection = e.getData();
        selection.addCssClass('item-selected'); // error
      }, this);

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

John Spackman
Hi Tomas

e.getData() will return an instance of qx.data.Array, which is the selection; what you want to do is access selection.getItem(0) to get an instance of qx.ui.form.ListItem.

If you still have problems, please can you create an example in the playground?  It’s much easier to help out if we can all share the same working example

From: "qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]> on behalf of Tomás Antunes <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 29 March 2016 at 14:20
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [qooxdoo-devel] How do I access a list item?

No, that doesn't seem to be the case. When I print the selection variable I get a single integer which corresponds to the iterator of the list.

When I try to run this code the function isn't defined:

     self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
        var selection = e.getData();
        selection.addCssClass('item-selected'); // error
      }, this);

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

Tomás Antunes
All right here is the demo http://tinyurl.com/jqc5a5w

Still getting error.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

N. Schröder
Ah, you're on qx.mobile, I assumed qx.desktop (qx.ui.form.list). Can't help you there, I'm entirely immobile.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 15:39:

> All right here is the demo http://tinyurl.com/jqc5a5w <http://tinyurl.com/jqc5a5w>
>

> Still getting error.
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:
>> The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>   Norbert
>>

>> Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:
>>
>> > How do I access a list item in this event?
>> >

>> >      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>> >
>> >         var selection = e.getData();
>> >
>> >         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>> >
>> >       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

John Spackman
Aha, yes me too – I assumed you were on desktop too.

I’ve had a look at the code for mobile and AFAICT the item is not made available; the preferred method is to change the underlying model and ask the list to redraw itself.   Here’s an example:  http://tinyurl.com/hy2xzmh

John

From: "qooxdoo Development <[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]> on behalf of Tomás Antunes <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, 29 March 2016 at 14:39
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

All right here is the demo http://tinyurl.com/jqc5a5w

Still getting error.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Re: How do I access a list item?

Daniel Lenggenhager
Try this: http://tinyurl.com/z7ec8zx

Regards,
Daniel

Am 29.03.2016 um 15:39 schrieb Tomás Antunes:
All right here is the demo http://tinyurl.com/jqc5a5w

Still getting error.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Norbert Schroeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The variable "selection" in your example is an array with all selected list items, i.e. selection[0] gives you the first selected item.

Regards,

  Norbert

Tomás Antunes schrieb am 29.03.2016 14:00:

> How do I access a list item in this event?
>

>      self.myList.addListener("changeSelection", function(e) {
>
>         var selection = e.getData();
>
>         console.log(self.myList.getSelection()[selection]);
>
>       }, this);

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.

Re: How do I access a list item?