Hide Window Header Bar

Jonathan Wolfe
Hi,

Is there an way to hide the qx.ui.window.Window header shown in the red box here:

Thanks!

Re: Hide Window Header Bar

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,
> Is there an way to hide the qx.ui.window.Window header shown in the red box here:
> <NWS EDD  PHI HWT .png>

Sure, thats easy:

win.getChildControl("captionbar").hide()

But I don’t think it’s a good idea because all controls are located in that caption bar which makes the window somehow useless as you can’t drag or close the window anymore. Maybe you are looking for a popup instead of a window?

Regards,
Martin

Re: Hide Window Header Bar

fritz
If you want to save vertical space, you could also move the text string
showing the displayed time into the header.

Cheers,
Fritz

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, Martin Wittemann wrote:

> Hey,
>> Is there an way to hide the qx.ui.window.Window header shown in the red box here:
>> <NWS EDD  PHI HWT .png>
>
> Sure, thats easy:
>
> win.getChildControl("captionbar").hide()
>
> But I don?t think it?s a good idea because all controls are located in
> that caption bar which makes the window somehow useless as you can?t drag
> or close the window anymore. Maybe you are looking for a popup instead of
> a window?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: Hide Window Header Bar

Jonathan Wolfe
Thank you both for your help and suggestions. :-)

 Jonathan Wolfe Meteorologist
        Charleston Pilot Project

        Charleston, WV National Weather Service
        304-746-0190

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Fritz Zaucker <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you want to save vertical space, you could also move the text string
showing the displayed time into the header.

Cheers,
Fritz

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, Martin Wittemann wrote:

> Hey,
>> Is there an way to hide the qx.ui.window.Window header shown in the red box here:
>> <NWS EDD  PHI HWT .png>
>
> Sure, thats easy:
>
> win.getChildControl("captionbar").hide()
>
> But I don?t think it?s a good idea because all controls are located in
> that caption bar which makes the window somehow useless as you can?t drag
> or close the window anymore. Maybe you are looking for a popup instead of
> a window?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: <a href="tel:%2B41%2062%20775%209903" value="+41627759903">+41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        <a href="tel:%2B41%2062%20775%209900" value="+41627759900">+41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            <a href="tel:%2B41%2079%20675%200630" value="+41796750630">+41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: <a href="tel:%2B41%2062%20775%209905" value="+41627759905">+41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch