Hello, new to qooxdoo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello, new to qooxdoo

halcwb
Coming from ExtJs, my first impression of qooxdoo feels like a fresh bath. Getting up and running was soo much easier than with ExtjJs. Even got me started with using Coffee script (don't forget to add compiler option --bare to disable function wrapping).

The only thing that bothers me is the name, qooxdoo ;-)

ExtJs has great widgets, but the framework is cumbersome and buggy! Also, they changed licenses and now seem to aim only big business partners. I think they confuse money with code quality.

Looking forward to start real development.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello, new to qooxdoo

zaucker
Hi nameless new Qooxdoo user ... :-)

great to hear your praise and appreciation of the Qooxdoo tram's effort.

The name actually reflects your expression perfectly.

Qooxdoo is kind of an English phonetic translation of the German phrase "(da )kuckst du", meaning something along the line "aren't you impressed?" ... of course that is nit as easily appreciated by none-German speakers ..,

Cheers,
Fritz

Fritz Zaucker
Oetiker+Partner AG
Aarweg 15
CH-4600 Olten
+41 62 775 9903

> Am 20.12.2014 um 21:16 schrieb halcwb <[hidden email]>:
>
> Coming from ExtJs, my first impression of qooxdoo feels like a fresh bath.
> Getting up and running was soo much easier than with ExtjJs. Even got me
> started with using Coffee script (don't forget to add compiler option --bare
> to disable function wrapping).
>
> The only thing that bothers me is the name, qooxdoo ;-)
>
> ExtJs has great widgets, but the framework is cumbersome and buggy! Also,
> they changed licenses and now seem to aim only big business partners. I
> think they confuse money with code quality.
>
> Looking forward to start real development.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Hello-new-to-qooxdoo-tp7586501.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello, new to qooxdoo

halcwb
zaucker wrote
Qooxdoo is kind of an English phonetic translation of the German phrase "(da )kuckst du", meaning something along the line "aren't you impressed?" ... of course that is nit as easily appreciated by none-German speakers ..,
Hatte ich das gewusst dan hatte ich das vielleicht gewissen. Aber mein Deutsch  ist nicht so gut.

Actually, I am from Holland.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello, new to qooxdoo

zaucker
Your German is better than my Dutch ... ;-)

Fritz Zaucker
Oetiker+Partner AG
Aarweg 15
CH-4600 Olten
+41 62 775 9903

> Am 20.12.2014 um 22:29 schrieb halcwb <[hidden email]>:
>
> zaucker wrote
>> Qooxdoo is kind of an English phonetic translation of the German phrase
>> "(da )kuckst du", meaning something along the line "aren't you impressed?"
>> ... of course that is nit as easily appreciated by none-German speakers
>> ..,
>
> Hatte ich das gewusst dan hatte ich das vielleicht gewissen. Aber mein
> Deutsch  ist nicht so gut.
>
> Actually, I am from Holland.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Hello-new-to-qooxdoo-tp7586501p7586503.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello, new to qooxdoo

woprandi
In reply to this post by halcwb
I have to choose between Qooxdoo and ExtJS and I don't regret my choice especially when I learned it become very expensive