Grunt issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grunt issue

Jonathan Wolfe
Hi,

I thought I would give the grunt task runner a try...so I ran:

qooxdoo-4.1-sdk/tool/bin/create-application.py --name=mobilewx --type=mobile

and here is what it made:

jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > ll
total 40
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5258 Jan 14 14:26 config.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5053 Jan 14 14:26 generate.py*
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  771 Jan 14 14:26 Gruntfile.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  695 Jan 14 14:26 Manifest.json
drwxr-xr-x 3 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:01 node_modules/
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  155 Jan 14 14:26 package.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  709 Dec 18 21:35 readme.txt
drwxr-xr-x 7 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:26 source/
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > node -v
v0.10.35
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.13
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:


I noticed it doesn't show the grunt version as indicated in the docs:
$ grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.11 
grunt v0.4.2

Is there something I need to do to the Gruntfile.js?

Thanks! 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grunt issue

Sanne Peters
Hi Jonathan,

You probably did not install nodejs (and indirectly grunt too) in your working directory.

Just run 'npm install'.
this command looks into the package.json file which node modules are needed (grunt will be one of them) and installs them in the root of your project directory.

You should now be able to run grunt.

kind regards,



On 14/01/15 20:32, Jonathan Wolfe wrote:
Hi,

I thought I would give the grunt task runner a try...so I ran:

qooxdoo-4.1-sdk/tool/bin/create-application.py --name=mobilewx --type=mobile

and here is what it made:

jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > ll
total 40
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5258 Jan 14 14:26 config.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5053 Jan 14 14:26 generate.py*
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  771 Jan 14 14:26 Gruntfile.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  695 Jan 14 14:26 Manifest.json
drwxr-xr-x 3 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:01 node_modules/
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  155 Jan 14 14:26 package.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  709 Dec 18 21:35 readme.txt
drwxr-xr-x 7 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:26 source/
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > node -v
v0.10.35
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.13
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:


I noticed it doesn't show the grunt version as indicated in the docs:
$ grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.11 
grunt v0.4.2

Is there something I need to do to the Gruntfile.js?

Thanks! 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet


_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grunt issue

Jonathan Wolfe
Thanks a lot that did it! I would recommend mentioning that step in the qooxdoo docs (http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.1/pages/tool/grunt.html) for users not familiar with nodejs. 

~Jonathan



On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Sanne Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

You probably did not install nodejs (and indirectly grunt too) in your working directory.

Just run 'npm install'.
this command looks into the package.json file which node modules are needed (grunt will be one of them) and installs them in the root of your project directory.

You should now be able to run grunt.

kind regards,


Sanne Peters
Interaction designer

Realtime Solutions B.V.
Torenallee 20
5617 BC Eindhoven

Tel: 040 4022 726 | E-mail: [hidden email] | Website: http://www.realtimesolutions.nl




On 14/01/15 20:32, Jonathan Wolfe wrote:
Hi,

I thought I would give the grunt task runner a try...so I ran:

qooxdoo-4.1-sdk/tool/bin/create-application.py --name=mobilewx --type=mobile

and here is what it made:

jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > ll
total 40
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5258 Jan 14 14:26 config.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5053 Jan 14 14:26 generate.py*
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  771 Jan 14 14:26 Gruntfile.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  695 Jan 14 14:26 Manifest.json
drwxr-xr-x 3 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:01 node_modules/
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  155 Jan 14 14:26 package.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  709 Dec 18 21:35 readme.txt
drwxr-xr-x 7 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:26 source/
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > node -v
v0.10.35
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.13
jwolfe@quince:~/ol3/mobilewx > grunt
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:


I noticed it doesn't show the grunt version as indicated in the docs:
$ grunt --version
grunt-cli v0.1.11 
grunt v0.4.2

Is there something I need to do to the Gruntfile.js?

Thanks! 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet


_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grunt issue

Richard Sternagel
Hey Jonathan,

> I would recommend mentioning that step in the qooxdoo docs
> for users not familiar with nodejs.

that should have happened automatically when running
"create-application.py" - can you try again creating an app?
After creation, it should already have a directory called
"node_modules" with this content:

node_modules/
├── grunt
└── grunt-contrib-clean

2 directories, 0 files

Regards
Richard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grunt issue

Jonathan Wolfe
Hey Richard,

I tried again and it makes one directory (grunt-contrib-clean) - no grunt directory.

jwolfe@quince:/var/www/html > /var/www/html/mwp/trunk/libs/qooxdoo-4.1-sdk/tool/bin/create-application.py --name=mobilewx --type=mobile
>>> Copy skeleton into the output directory: ./mobilewx
>>> Renaming stuff...
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/Manifest.json'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/package.json'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/config.json'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/generate.py'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/index.html'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/resource/index.html'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/__init__.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/Application.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/test/DemoTest.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/page/Overview.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/page/Login.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/source/class/mobilewx/page/__init__.js'
>>> Patching file './mobilewx/Gruntfile.js'
>>> DONE
jwolfe@quince:/var/www/html > cd mobilewx/
jwolfe@quince:/var/www/html/mobilewx > ll
total 40
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5236 Jan 15 11:00 config.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jwolfe jwolfe 5031 Jan 15 11:00 generate.py*
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  727 Jan 15 11:00 Gruntfile.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  695 Jan 15 11:00 Manifest.json
drwxr-xr-x 3 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:01 node_modules/
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  155 Jan 15 11:00 package.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 jwolfe jwolfe  709 Dec 18 21:35 readme.txt
drwxr-xr-x 7 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 15 11:00 source/
jwolfe@quince:/var/www/html/mobilewx > ll node_modules/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 6 jwolfe jwolfe 4096 Jan 14 14:01 grunt-contrib-clean/



 Jonathan Wolfe Meteorologist  
        Charleston Pilot Project  

        Charleston, WV National Weather Service
        304-746-0190

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonathan,

> I would recommend mentioning that step in the qooxdoo docs
> for users not familiar with nodejs.

that should have happened automatically when running
"create-application.py" - can you try again creating an app?
After creation, it should already have a directory called
"node_modules" with this content:

node_modules/
├── grunt
└── grunt-contrib-clean

2 directories, 0 files

Regards
Richard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel