Get the height of a widgets shadow?

joakim_

Hi.

Is there a way to get the height of a widgets shadow? Thanks a lot.

Re: Get the height of a widgets shadow?

Hi Joakim,
> Hi.
>
> Is there a way to get the height of a widgets shadow? Thanks a lot.

Since five minutes there is a way :-) I have added  a "getShadowElement"
method to qx.ui.core.Widget to make shadow symmetric with decorator.
Since revision r20871 of the trunk you can get the size of a rendered
shadow by

widget.getDecoratorElement().getStyle("width");
widget.getDecoratorElement().getStyle("height");

If you are only interested in the number of pixels, which overlap the
widget you can use:

widget.getDecoratorElement().getInsets();

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-6784
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: Get the height of a widgets shadow?

joakim_

Amazing. :) Thank you Fabian.